VB5 controls still being used with VB6
Author Message
 VB5 controls still being used with VB6

I guess I didn't really think about it but tacitly assumed that once I
installed VB6 all my programs would use the lastest and greatest.

I just found out that my older programs are still using the VB5 version of
the ListControl. Is that normal?

I would think VB6 would automatically update the files but I also understand
that Program/Components identifies the controls that can be used. I can't
simply uncheck the version 5 control and check the version 6 control
beecause VB will not allow the unchecking of a control in use. Should I use
NotePad to edit the .frm and .ctl files?

So checking around I find *.frm files make with VB6 say Version 5 at the
top. Is that normal?

Thanks
Cal

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 09:59:24 GMT
 VB5 controls still being used with VB6
Grab this file ... http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/files/tools/projupgd.zip .. and
run it against the project. If it says its already VB6, then you can try
removing the Retained = 1 statement in the VBP file and rerunning.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

:
[...]

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:03:07 GMT

1. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

2. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

3. using vb6 controls in vb5 project

4. using vb5 data controls in vb6

5. VB6 still using VB5 controls

6. VB6 data control to be used in VB5

7. Am I using the right control (RichTextBox)

8. Help - I am getting an error using data control

9. VB5 and/or VB6 Control - Advanced Listbox Control Needed -

10. Looking for tool to make AVI files from JPG stills

11. Using VB5 to import data to access without using the Data control

12. Using a timer control while a long process is running using VB5