Opening files with a specified program, from code?
Author Message
 Opening files with a specified program, from code?

how do I open a file with a particular program from code, e.g to open a
*.txt file with notepad, or a *.bmp file with paint.exe or a program that
is not registered?
thanks.

Thu, 04 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Opening files with a specified program, from code?

Looks like both you and vbdude are taking the same class :-P
--
Ibrahim Malluf
a MS Dev. MVP

Quote:
> how do I open a file with a particular program from code, e.g to open a
> *.txt file with notepad, or a *.bmp file with paint.exe or a program that
> is not registered?
> thanks.

Thu, 04 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Opening files with a specified program, from code?

2. Opening files with a specified program, from code?

3. Saving open file and opening new file at a specified time of day

4. File types, and open specified file type

5. Can't Specify Field Delimiter When Opening Recordset on a Text File

6. question on opening a file with specified Fonts

7. How to specify a database file to open at runtime

8. Acc97: Specifying /CMD parameter when opening database via open dialog

9. Sample Code Needed to Compress a MS Access file from code in a VB 6 program

10. Doubleclick a file in Windows Explorer, start my program opening that file

11. How do i get my program to open a file when I click on a file

12. How to open HTML file from VB6 code and let this HTML file show up