Having problem with multiple client winsock control
Author Message
 Having problem with multiple client winsock control

I'm looking for any insight into the following problem I'm having:  I've set
up an array of Winsock controls to accept multiple connections exactly as
specified under 'Accepting More than One Connection Request' in the VB
Components Tool Guide.  The connections are being accepted and data can be
sent from the clients without any problem, but when I go through the array
using the SendData method to send to the clients, only the last client to be
connected receives its data immediately.  The data for the other clients just
sits there and is eventually send after a huge delay, sometimes of several
minutes.  Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?  I'd be
eternally grateful for any suggestions.

Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Having problem with multiple client winsock control
All I can offer is a kludge right now ... I ran into this same problem a
couple days ago.  The thing I had to do was add a little DoEvents()
delay loop after each send.  Depending upon how many clients you have
and time sensitivity though, this could be a little intolerable.

I set up a timer control to go off in about a half second and then
disable itself when the alarm goes off.  While this was occurring, I
entered a Do-While loop that kept executing DoEvents() until the program
found that the timer was disabled (alarm had occurred).  Like I said,
real kludgy, but for me it worked.

Quote:

> I'm looking for any insight into the following problem I'm having:  I've set
> up an array of Winsock controls to accept multiple connections exactly as
> specified under 'Accepting More than One Connection Request' in the VB
> Components Tool Guide.  The connections are being accepted and data can be
> sent from the clients without any problem, but when I go through the array
> using the SendData method to send to the clients, only the last client to be
> connected receives its data immediately.  The data for the other clients just
> sits there and is eventually send after a huge delay, sometimes of several
> minutes.  Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?  I'd be
> eternally grateful for any suggestions.

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Having problem with multiple client winsock control

2. visual basic winsock control and multiple client connections

3. visual basic winsock control and multiple client connections

4. *WINSOCK* Control - Still having problems.

5. Chat Client with Winsock control problems

6. ftp-client problem using winsock control in visual basic 6

7. Chat Client with Winsock control problems

8. Chat Client with Winsock control problems

9. Chat Client with Winsock control problems

10. Winsock Server handling multiple clients access

11. winsock connection to multiple clients

12. Winsock: Sending message to multiple clients