Need help changing password during runtime
Author Message
 Need help changing password during runtime

I am at a total loss on this one.  I'm creating a program which is
designed to keep people from screwing up their system settings by
limiting what they can and cannot do.  To exit the main form, an
administrator needs the "admin" username and a prespecified password.
If correct, it will bring him/her to an "Admin's form", and restores
all windows settings previously unavailable with the normal user.  I
want the Admin to be able to change the password by clicking on a
command button which brings up a change password form with the standard
old, new, and confirm password boxes.  I've tried numerous things to no
avail.  As of now, I have the password hardcoded as a property in a
module.  It works in letting me logout of the main form, but I do not
now how to change the property.  At this point I don't even know if I'm
setting the password correctly since I am wanting an admin to be able
to change the password during runtime.  Please help... my brain is
fried after 8 straight hours of trying to get it correctly.
Thanks!

Nailer669
Ozzy Rulez!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help changing password during runtime
Nevermind, I got it.  I just used a hidden richtext box on the change
password form and the logout form that wrote and read to a file.  It
made it a helluva lot easier than messing with properties, if that was
even a possiblity.

Quote:
> I am at a total loss on this one.  I'm creating a program which is
> designed to keep people from screwing up their system settings by
> limiting what they can and cannot do.  To exit the main form, an
> administrator needs the "admin" username and a prespecified password.
> If correct, it will bring him/her to an "Admin's form", and restores
> all windows settings previously unavailable with the normal user.  I
> want the Admin to be able to change the password by clicking on a
> command button which brings up a change password form with the
standard
> old, new, and confirm password boxes.  I've tried numerous things to
no
> avail.  As of now, I have the password hardcoded as a property in a
> module.  It works in letting me logout of the main form, but I do not
> now how to change the property.  At this point I don't even know if
I'm
> setting the password correctly since I am wanting an admin to be able
> to change the password during runtime.  Please help... my brain is
> fried after 8 straight hours of trying to get it correctly.
> Thanks!

> Nailer669
> Ozzy Rulez!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help changing Data Control Recordsource during runtime

2. Need help on creating ICON during runtime?

3. Need help on creating ICON during runtime?

4. Need help on creating ICON during runtime?

5. Need help on creating ICON during runtime?

6. Help needed with changing captions during run time

7. Changing code during runtime

8. Changing Adodc ConnectionString during runtime...

9. Changing DatabaseName PERMANANTLY during runtime

10. Changing Databases during Runtime

11. keeping properties/changes to app. during runtime

12. Change width of a column in a listbox during runtime