Drag-and-drop problem
Author Message
 Drag-and-drop problem

I am need to drag one control onto another, but I can't seem to do it on a
left-button mouse move.  I can only do it on the right button.  What am I
missing?

Keith

Tue, 09 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Drag-and-drop problem
Well, for those of you who have seen this, I wanted you to know that I have
found the answer to the problem.  The issue lay in a third-party control,
the GTSplitter, authored by Green Tree.  The control was intercepting the
mouse message and (from my perspective) mishandling it.  Once I found where
the mouse message was going, I could respond to it. It wound up firing the
splitter control's MouseUp event, instead of passing through to the
contained control.  Once I learned that, I found that I could force the drop
to the contained control in the GTSplitter_MouseUp event sub.  Oh, the
perils of third-party controls...

Keith

P.S.  Now, I have another mouse message problem related to the use of Green
Tree controls, and I'm going to have to kluge a workaround for this one,
too.  Argh! :-(

Green Tree, are you listening?

Quote:
> I am need to drag one control onto another, but I can't seem to do it on a
> left-button mouse move.  I can only do it on the right button.  What am I
> missing?

> Keith

Fri, 12 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. drag n drop problem

2. drag and drop problem

3. Treeview and OLE Drag -n- Drop problem

4. Drag and Drop problem ?

5. Drag and drop problems

6. Drag and Drop Problem

7. ListView Drag&Drop Problem

8. ListView Drag and Drop problem in icon view

9. TreeView Drag&Drop problems

10. Drag and Drop Problem

11. Drop and Drag Problem and Deployment Problem in VB 50 Enterprise

12. OLE DROP AND DRAG PROBLEM AND DEPLOYMENT PROBLEM