How to make ReadOnly file in OLE Container?
Author Message
 How to make ReadOnly file in OLE Container?

Please help!
I have Linked an Excel file in an OLE Container (OLE1), setting the
following properties:
OLE1.enabled = false
OLE1.AutoActivate = 0   'Manual
OLE1.UpdateOptions = 1  'Frozen

Then I opened the same Excel file in MSExcel.  Excel then tells me that
this file was been opened by me, and I can only open this file
'ReadOnly'.  I thought by linking the file in the OLE container will
open the file readonly.

Is there anything else I should set or do to make it link the file as
ReadOnly mode?

Many thanks,
Lan

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Want readonly on Word doc in OLE Container

2. Display multi sheet Excell file in OLE container?

3. OLE container control (problem saving file)

4. Saving file from an OLE Container

5. Q: OLE Container and Database OLE object field

6. OLE-Automation & OLE-Container control

7. OLE control and OLE container

11. MAKING A FIELD READONLY

12. HTML Controls : Disabling / making Readonly