Help! Cannot recognise THREED.OCX in VB5
Author Message
 Help! Cannot recognise THREED.OCX in VB5

My program originally created by VB4. After a while, I upgrade it to VB5 and
is continually working. Until recently I clean up my hard disk and reinstall
VB5, VB5 can't recognise THREED.OCX anymore, even the control is loaded on
the toolbox.

I was thinking I may need to reinstall the VB4 to make it works, but I
already throw that away for quite a while.

Is there any help?

Many Thanks!

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! Cannot recognise THREED.OCX in VB5
It is because design time licences of these VB4 controls are not install
with VB5 .

Don't worry. Pick up your VB5 CD and you can find a dir called control or
something (Sorry, I can't remember the specific right now) Inside which you
will find a readme files, some OCXs and a reg file (a registry data file).
Following the instruction.

regards,

Anthony

Quote:

>My program originally created by VB4. After a while, I upgrade it to VB5
and
>is continually working. Until recently I clean up my hard disk and
reinstall
>VB5, VB5 can't recognise THREED.OCX anymore, even the control is loaded on
>the toolbox.

>I was thinking I may need to reinstall the VB4 to make it works, but I
>already throw that away for quite a while.

>Is there any help?

>Many Thanks!

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! Cannot recognise THREED.OCX in VB5
On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 10:13:52 +0800, "Anthony Kong"

Quote:

>It is because design time licences of these VB4 controls are not install
>with VB5 .

>Don't worry. Pick up your VB5 CD and you can find a dir called control or
>something (Sorry, I can't remember the specific right now) Inside which you
>will find a readme files, some OCXs and a reg file (a registry data file).
>Following the instruction.

These files are located under the "Tools" directory. The file you're
looking for is the vbctrls.reg file. I've found this is something you
really want to keep around on floppy, or write-protected on you hard
drive. I can't count the number of times my wonderful registry has
gotten confused and I've had to reinstall the reg file, or VB's gotten
confused, and I've had to reinstall it.

Cary D. Beuershausen
Senior Systems Consultant

http://users.leading.net/~caryb/vb.html

Due to the overwhelming amount of unsolicited email I have
been receiving from email spammers, please remove the
".antispam" from my reply-to address if you wish to email
me. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP!!!! Cannot use threed.ocx

2. Using threed.ocx with VB5 ?

3. Cannot get DataChanged to recognise that data has changed

4. Cannot recognise object

5. Help: VB3 Threed VBX to VB5

6. Help: VB3 Threed to VB5

7. COMCTL32.OCX cannot be loaded (VB5)

8. Ocx cannot be loaded Vb5 Nt4

9. ********* VB5 does not recognise DBEngine ????????

10. Threed.ocx licence

11. Problem converting THREED.VBX to THREED32.OCX

12. Threed 16 OCX setup Error