VB6 SP5 Progress Bar problem.
Author Message
 VB6 SP5 Progress Bar problem.

Greetings!

I'm using the Progress Bar in a VB6 SP5 Standard EXE that processes some
data during an update.  The thing works flawlessly in development mode.
But, when I compile it and execute the EXE, the bar does NOT increment, it
just fills immediately when I make it visible?  And, the colors are set back
to the default colors?

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Scott M.

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:30:06 GMT
 VB6 SP5 Progress Bar problem.
You'll need to post the code you're using to set and update the properties for that
control.

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - http://www.mvps.org/vbsight - Please keep it in the groups..

Quote:
> Greetings!

> I'm using the Progress Bar in a VB6 SP5 Standard EXE that processes some
> data during an update.  The thing works flawlessly in development mode.
> But, when I compile it and execute the EXE, the bar does NOT increment, it
> just fills immediately when I make it visible?  And, the colors are set back
> to the default colors?

> Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

> Thanks,

> Scott M.

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:49:29 GMT
 VB6 SP5 Progress Bar problem.
immediately after changing the progress value, issue a

    progressbar1.refresh

D.

Quote:

> Greetings!

> I'm using the Progress Bar in a VB6 SP5 Standard EXE that processes some
> data during an update.  The thing works flawlessly in development mode.
> But, when I compile it and execute the EXE, the bar does NOT increment, it
> just fills immediately when I make it visible?  And, the colors are set back
> to the default colors?

> Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

> Thanks,

> Scott M.

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:03:20 GMT
 VB6 SP5 Progress Bar problem.
D.

Works like a champ!  Thanks for your help!

Scott

Quote:
> immediately after changing the progress value, issue a

>     progressbar1.refresh

> D.

Quote:
> > Greetings!

> > I'm using the Progress Bar in a VB6 SP5 Standard EXE that processes some
> > data during an update.  The thing works flawlessly in development mode.
> > But, when I compile it and execute the EXE, the bar does NOT increment,
it
> > just fills immediately when I make it visible?  And, the colors are set
back
> > to the default colors?

> > Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

> > Thanks,

> > Scott M.

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:21:27 GMT

1. VB6 SP5 not compatible with pre SP5???

2. Progress Bar problem or literal problem becoming visible.

3. VB6 Compilation Progress Bar

4. Progress Bar VB6 (Newbie)

5. VB6 Compile Progress Bar disappeared!!!

6. Probs writing progress bar ocx in VB6

7. File Loading Progress Form with Progress Bar

8. How do I display a progress bar showing progress for database replication

9. How do I display a progress bar showing progress for database replication

10. Progress bar measuring FileCopy progress

11. ListView Problem - VB6 Sp5

12. VB6 SP5 Problem Adding Watches