Sending Files between computers using a MODEM
Author Message
 Sending Files between computers using a MODEM

I have an application that sends to another computers (using the same
application) a file, just that is not via IP (Network) is via Modem. How can
I send a file from one PC to anotherone, and this last PC answer the phone
and receive the file. Some one have an example or the procedures or function
of: call, answer, send and recevie files.

Thanks

Genaro Sanchez

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 00:38:25 GMT
 Sending Files between computers using a MODEM
On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:38:25 -0600, "Genaro Sanchez"

Quote:

>I have an application that sends to another computers (using the same
>application) a file, just that is not via IP (Network) is via Modem. How can
>I send a file from one PC to anotherone, and this last PC answer the phone
>and receive the file. Some one have an example or the procedures or function
>of: call, answer, send and recevie files.

>Thanks

>Genaro Sanchez

That's not a function, that's a whole application.   You are going to
have to write your own file transfer protocol, usually X-Modem or
Y-Modem and that's no trivial task.   Interface with the modem,
negotiate speeds, compression and error correction protocols.  You may
be able to use TAPI (Telephone Application Programming Interface) but
that's a major undertaking if you have never used it before.

Why not just use one of the multitude of terminal programmes available
and set it into auto answer controlled by a script file.

Most modems come with some kind of basic terminal programme.  US
Robotics Modems come with quite a good terminal programme called
Superterm.  Hyper Terminal that comes with Windows 9X should do the
job.  Not the best of its type, but should do it.

Stuart sutherland

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:33:33 GMT
 Sending Files between computers using a MODEM

Hello,

My name is Jian-Wei Yu. Thank you for using the Microsoft VB Newsgroups.

Please refer to: SAMPLE: NEWVBTERM.EXE MSComm Control Techniques (Q262883)
at http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q262883

Hope it helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jian-Wei Yu
Microsoft Support

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 17:44:33 GMT

1. Sending files between computers using a MODEM

2. send File Modem to Modem (not FTP)

3. send file between 2 PC using modem

4. Sending Files using VB via Modem

5. sending file using modem

6. How can two computers comunicate by using Modem ?

7. How to communicate with a computer using a modem

8. using VBS & modem to send data

9. using VBS & modem to send data

10. Using a modem driver to send to a fax machine

11. Sending file by modem ...

12. Send / Receive *wave files (sound) through Modem to phone line