Failed to load control
Author Message
 Failed to load control

Hi,

I have an application that does not behave on Window NT
4.0. My app contains a custom OCX with a vflex grid
control from componentone. In some boxes like 95,98 or
2000 and in some NT boxes is working properly. The NT
boxes are at the same service pack level. The error
message that I get is as follow: Failed to load
control "". Your version of may be outdated ....". It does
not display which control is failing to load. Any ideas?

Thanks

Fabio

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:32:50 GMT
 Failed to load control
What are your dependecies when you compile?  Not knowing
what your OCX does, I'd suggest looking at the versions of
the dependecies on the machines that it does not work on.
For example, I had an NT 4 machine that did not like my
OCX.  It turned out to be the scrrun.dll in my package,
which came from Windows 2000 IE 6 machine, was too new for
the machine running NT 4 IE 5.01.  I found a copy of the
scrrun.dll on the older machine and used it to compile and
included it in my OCX package.  Now it works on
everything.  I hope this helps.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:28:58 GMT
 Failed to load control
I figured out. The package deployement wizard failed to
add the dependency of the vsflex grid control. Instead of
adding the ocx itself it was adding the oca.

Thanks for you help.

Quote:

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:37:13 GMT

1. Failed to load control ImageList

2. Failed to Load Control ""

3. Fail to load control

4. fail to load control

5. Failed to load control...

6. Failed to load control

7. Runtime erroe 372 - Failed to load control

8. Failed to load control - Second Request

9. Failed to load control

10. fail to load control

11. Failed to load control ImageList

12. Failed to load control 'ImageList' from Mscomctl.ocx.