How to open two COM ports simultaneously
Author Message
 How to open two COM ports simultaneously

Hi, can anyone out there help me for this matter?

I need to send two different set of ASCII code to two printer controller
thru two COM ports. Present I only able to open one COM port at a time to
send out the ASCII code which is quite slow. Some one told me MS VB cannot
handle two COM ports at the same time, is it true?
Do I need special software with special API?

Thanks.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:55:27 GMT
 How to open two COM ports simultaneously
KC,

  We have done this several times in our software.  Place 2 MSCOMMs (or more)
on the form  The MSCOMM control can only handle one port at a time, but, by
placing several MSCOMM controls on the form, multiple Ports may be opened.

Rick

Quote:

> Hi, can anyone out there help me for this matter?

> I need to send two different set of ASCII code to two printer controller
> thru two COM ports. Present I only able to open one COM port at a time to
> send out the ASCII code which is quite slow. Some one told me MS VB cannot
> handle two COM ports at the same time, is it true?
> Do I need special software with special API?

> Thanks.

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:34:39 GMT

1. opening two com ports at the same time

2. Can two process access the same com port

3. Finding COM Ports - Mouse dies when VB talks to its COM Port

4. Open Two Database with Two System.Mda and Two different User Names and Password

5. Data Entry to two seperate tables from one control simultaneously

6. Handling two events simultaneously

7. How to scroll two list boxes simultaneously?

8. Scroll two Listviews simultaneously programmatically

9. Get Open Local Ports (what ports are open)

10. Get Open Local Ports (what ports are open)

11. How do I open a COM port

12. OPEN a COM port