Scroll Bars in a Rich Text Box
Author Message
 Scroll Bars in a Rich Text Box

I have 2 questions. #1 I am using a rich text box and one of the choices in
its property is you can have both vertical and horizontal scroll bars at
the same time.  Well unless I am missing something I can only have one or
the other. Can someone shed some light on this.  #2 In an application I am
developing I want to have a help screen that looks like the screen you get
when you set your cursor on some property and hit help and a box with what
appears to be a text box or rich text box or etc shows up and it has what
appears to be a title box and then under that is the text for the help
which is scrollable.  Can someone tell me how this is done. Thank you in
advance.  Les

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Bars in a Rich Text Box
As for the first question:  When you set scrollbars to "Both", you do have
both scrollbars available, but the horizontal scrollbar will only appear if
you load a text file into the control which has lines longer than the width
of the control.  If you just type in the control, the word-wrap keeps that
scrollbar from appearing.

As for the second question:  I'm not sure I know what you mean.  When I set
the cursor on a property and hit help, a normal help window with a
non-scrolling region opens.  If that's what you want, just create a help
file in WinHelp format.

Quote:

>I have 2 questions. #1 I am using a rich text box and one of the choices in
>its property is you can have both vertical and horizontal scroll bars at
>the same time.  Well unless I am missing something I can only have one or
>the other. Can someone shed some light on this.  #2 In an application I am
>developing I want to have a help screen that looks like the screen you get
>when you set your cursor on some property and hit help and a box with what
>appears to be a text box or rich text box or etc shows up and it has what
>appears to be a title box and then under that is the text for the help
>which is scrollable.  Can someone tell me how this is done. Thank you in
>advance.  Les

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Bars in a Rich Text Box
I'll answer just your first question...yes, you are missing something:
RightMargin

If you have both vertical and horizontal scroll bars enabled and the text
more than fills the visible area of the control *and* the
RichTextBox1.RightMargin is set to a value that is greater than the width of
the control (in twips) then both scroll bars will appear.

--
Mark E Alsop

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rich Text Box & scroll bar

2. Rich text box & scroll bar

3. rich text box, remembering view / position of scroll bars

4. Run-time control of rich text box scroll bar visibility

5. Rich Text Box Control Scroll Bars

6. Rich text box & scroll bar

7. Rich Text Box Horiziontal Scroll Bar Problem

8. Rich Text Box Scroll Bars

9. Rich Text Box vs. Text Box Scrolling

10. pemement scroll bars in a rich text box - how?

11. Enlarge the vertical scroll bar on a Rich Text Box control?

12. Scrolling in (rich)text box?