Data Bound User Control Not Binding
Author Message
 Data Bound User Control Not Binding

Hello,

I've create a control and used databinding on the text property.  The
control recieves data fine but it will not update the datasource.  Any
ideas.  The control is bound in the standard fasion to and ADO recordset
object.

Thanks,

Tony Thompson

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Bound User Control Not Binding
Make sure your recordset is not readonly. By default, recordsets are opened
with read only locking.

--
Andrew Grillage
http://vbdata.iwarp.com

Quote:
> Hello,

> I've create a control and used databinding on the text property.  The
> control recieves data fine but it will not update the datasource.  Any
> ideas.  The control is bound in the standard fasion to and ADO recordset
> object.

> Thanks,

> Tony Thompson

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Bound User Control Not Binding
Nope,

The recordset is LockOptomistic and OpenKeyset.  I can update the recordset
directly and it works with non created controls.

Tony

Quote:
> Make sure your recordset is not readonly. By default, recordsets are
opened
> with read only locking.

> --
> Andrew Grillage
> http://vbdata.iwarp.com

> > Hello,

> > I've create a control and used databinding on the text property.  The
> > control recieves data fine but it will not update the datasource.  Any
> > ideas.  The control is bound in the standard fasion to and ADO recordset
> > object.

> > Thanks,

> > Tony Thompson

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Bound User Control Not Binding
Have you tried VS sp3? It may help. If not, you can manually bind them using
the bindingcollection.

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Bound User Control Not Binding

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Data Bound User Control Not Binding
Tony,
you have to notify the extender about "DataChanged" property by issuing the
"PropertyChanged <bind property>" method.
For example, if your bound property was "Text", you have to call
PropertyChanged "Text", so the extender will notify the datasource about a
pending change.
Hope this will help.
Nazareno Barbieri

Quote:
> Hello,

> I've create a control and used databinding on the text property.  The
> control recieves data fine but it will not update the datasource.  Any
> ideas.  The control is bound in the standard fasion to and ADO recordset
> object.

> Thanks,

> Tony Thompson

Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Bound User Control Not Binding
Tony,
you have to notify the extender about "DataChanged" property by issuing the
"PropertyChanged <bind property>" method.
For example, if your bound property was "Text", you have to call
PropertyChanged "Text", so the extender will notify the datasource about a
pending change.
Hope this will help.
Nazareno Barbieri

Quote:
> Hello,

> I've create a control and used databinding on the text property.  The
> control recieves data fine but it will not update the datasource.  Any
> ideas.  The control is bound in the standard fasion to and ADO recordset
> object.

> Thanks,

> Tony Thompson

Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

2. Data bound Combos or Not Data Bound Combos

3. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

4. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

5. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

6. Access 97 bound or not ot bound controls

7. New data control allows multi-user data access/binding over the web (INFO)

8. New data control allows multi-user data access/binding over the web (INFO)

9. New data control allows multi-user data access/binding over the web (INFO)

10. New data control allows multi-user data access/binding over the web (INFO)

11. How to create a data bound control that binds to a row

12. binding a data bound grid control programmatically