Date & Time update in a status Bar
Author Message
 Date & Time update in a status Bar

Why is the date and time panel of my status bar not refreshed when time
changes ??

I'm using VB5 (no SP applied) with NT4.0 (SP 3)

Thank's

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Date & Time update in a status Bar

Hi,

This is a bug, confirmed by Microsoft. This bug has been fixed in the Service Pack 2 for Visual Studio 97. If you don't have Service Pack 2 with you, you can workaround this problem by using a Timer control.

Drag a Timer control on to your form.Set its interval property to 1000 ( 1 Sec.)

In the Timer1_Timer event, put the following line.

StatusBar1.Panels.Item(1).Style = sbrTime

Same procedure for Date panel also.

Try getting the Service Pack2 for Visual Studio 97 or use the above method.

Hope this helps,
Vyas
http://www.aditi.com
Check out my home page at
http://members.tripod.com/~vyaskn/index.html

Quote:

>Why is the date and time panel of my status bar not refreshed when time
>changes ??

>I'm using VB5 (no SP applied) with NT4.0 (SP 3)

>Thank's

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Updating Time and Date on Status Bar

2. Date & Time in Status bar

3. how to set a date time value different from system time in the status bar

4. My StatusBarEx Control -- ProgressBar, PictureBox, Virtual Key, CapsLock, Date, Time, StatusBar, Status Bar

5. Status Bar Panel Type Date/Time

6. updating time in status bar

7. Date/Time in VB5 Status Bar

8. date/time on status bar do not refresh

9. Time updating in status bar

10. How do you display a date and time field on a status bar

11. Display Updated Time in Status Bar

12. CapsLock & Numlock status in Status Bar Panels