Making a Frame Control Transparent...
Author Message
 Making a Frame Control Transparent...

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a standard Frame control transparent? It needs
to keep the border and caption...setting the BackColor property won't do it
as the back ground is a gradient and sometimes a picture...

Cheers
    Kieron

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:48:50 GMT
 Making a Frame Control Transparent...
Frame Control?

Are you talking about a form?
If so. There is an option called "Opacity"

If not. I have no clue.

Quote:

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:27:37 GMT
 Making a Frame Control Transparent...
There are a few ways...

Subject: Re: Transparent frame control?
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=uMHtme26BHA.2504%40tkm...
4

and... I've created a transparent frame control that "snap shots" what
ever's under it.. still haven't stress tested it to see which method is
faster.. etc... but I assume the method shown in the Google'd message is
probably faster. (not sure what it does with the caption though...) the one
below shows caption and border while making the rest transparent.

Transparent Frame
http://www.vbsight.com/Code.htm

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

> Hi,

> Does anyone know how to make a standard Frame control transparent? It
> needs to keep the border and caption...setting the BackColor property
> won't do it as the back ground is a gradient and sometimes a
> picture...

> Cheers
>     Kieron

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 04:38:02 GMT

1. Making Radio Buttons, check boxes , and Frames Transparent

2. Transparent frame control?

3. how to get a transparent frame control

4. Transparent Frame Control?

5. Make Frames and other controls transparent

6. Making "semi-transparent" user control

7. making controls background transparent???

8. Making Transparent Controls

9. Making a label on a control with a transparent backstyle appear

10. Frame background transparent in a userform

11. Transparent Frames-- possible???

12. Transparent frame VB5.0