Newbie - Multiple columns for list box.
Author Message
 Newbie - Multiple columns for list box.

I would like to create a list box that list's item numbers and item
descriptions. It is not nessasary that the item number is visible but I need
to refer to it for use in a parameter stored procedure. Do list boxes handle
multiple columns or do I place both the item number and description in the
same column and then refer to a portion of the column  in my code to
retreive the item Number? Are there any other controls that are more
suitable? Can anyone suggest a site that gives the low - down on which
controls to use in particular scenarios?  I would greatly appreciate any
help you can give.

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 05:23:25 GMT
 Newbie - Multiple columns for list box.
You can use the listbox's ItemData property if you want. Each item in the
list has an ItemData associated with it. These are normally all = 0 but you
can set them to any number with the range of a Long.

List1.AddItem "Stuff I want the user to see"
List1.ItemData(List1.NewIndex) = lLongRepresentingTheItemIJustAdded

Quote:
> I would like to create a list box that list's item numbers and item
> descriptions. It is not nessasary that the item number is visible but I
need
> to refer to it for use in a parameter stored procedure. Do list boxes
handle
> multiple columns or do I place both the item number and description in the
> same column and then refer to a portion of the column  in my code to
> retreive the item Number? Are there any other controls that are more
> suitable? Can anyone suggest a site that gives the low - down on which
> controls to use in particular scenarios?  I would greatly appreciate any
> help you can give.

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 06:45:32 GMT

1. Multiple Column List and Combo Boxes

2. Multiple Column Combo Box Drop List

3. Multiple columns in list box

4. Multiple column List Box

5. Need multiple column list box control

6. Multiple column list box (infovbx.vbx)

7. Q:Multiple-column list box?

8. Dragging multiple columns from a list box

9. Multiple Column List Boxes?

10. Multiple column list box

11. Multiple column list box?

12. List Box with multiple columns