MSFlexGrid - Keyboard Arrow Keys Don't Work.
Author Message
 MSFlexGrid - Keyboard Arrow Keys Don't Work.

Hello,
I have a MSFlexGrid in an application which I have always
accessed by using the up/down scroll arrows to move the
grid up and down and the mouse to click on a data line.

Now I would like to use the keyboard up/down arrow keys
after first clicking on a line.

I have written a KeyDown subroutine and it works just fine
with the up/down arrow keys on the Numeric Keyboard (8=up
arrow, 2=down arrow) but the keyboard arrow keys are
ignored.

Is there a way to "activate" the keyboard arrow keys?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Frank Del Monte
Phoenix, AZ.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:45:11 GMT
 MSFlexGrid - Keyboard Arrow Keys Don't Work.
I'm not sure what the problem is.. the control has this functionality built
in (without code in the KeyDown event).. both sets of arrow keys should work
with either the MSFlexGrid or the MSHFlexGrid. Do you have SP5 installed?

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

> Hello,
> I have a MSFlexGrid in an application which I have always
> accessed by using the up/down scroll arrows to move the
> grid up and down and the mouse to click on a data line.

> Now I would like to use the keyboard up/down arrow keys
> after first clicking on a line.

> I have written a KeyDown subroutine and it works just fine
> with the up/down arrow keys on the Numeric Keyboard (8=up
> arrow, 2=down arrow) but the keyboard arrow keys are
> ignored.

> Is there a way to "activate" the keyboard arrow keys?

> Thanks for any help you can provide.

> Frank Del Monte
> Phoenix, AZ.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:10:16 GMT

1. tab and arrow keys don't work after debugging

2. CR: Arrow keys don't work in Smart Viewer

3. Arrow keys doesn't work in UserControl on MDIChildForm

4. Delete key don't work

5. Cursor keys don't work in the command window when debugging

6. Function keys don't work until I display help

7. shortcut keys don't work while my active control is the datagrid

8. Access Keys on Frames Don't Work

9. Access Keys on Frames Don't Work

10. Access Keys on Frames Don't Work

11. Access Keys on Frames Don't Work