Form sizing???
Author Message
 Form sizing???

I realize this is an amature question but...

What property controls the resizing of a form if the resolution is changed
or the task bar is hidden or unhidden?

Thanks,
Darren

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:54:44 GMT
 Form sizing???

released on Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:54:44 -0400 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:
>I realize this is an amature question but...

>What property controls the resizing of a form if the resolution is changed
>or the task bar is hidden or unhidden?

The form resize event will fire if the form size changes. If
that answers your question.

Plumber: A drain surgeon  (Leopold Fechtner)

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:20:19 GMT
 Form sizing???

Quote:
> I realize this is an amature question but...

That's "amateur" (just remember the French orgins of the word, and you've
got it)  :-)

Actually, though, it's a pretty good question. Not amateurish at all.

Quote:
> What property controls the resizing of a form if the resolution is changed
> or the task bar is hidden or unhidden?

Look at the Sysinfo control that comes with VB. You have to add it to your
control toolbox.  It has events and properties that help you deal with the
screen-resolution and taskbar changes ... and a wealth of other
miscellaneous goodies as well.
--
Russ Holsclaw

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:26:52 GMT
 Form sizing???
Thanks.  That helped greatly.

Quote:

> > I realize this is an amature question but...

> That's "amateur" (just remember the French orgins of the word, and you've
> got it)  :-)

> Actually, though, it's a pretty good question. Not amateurish at all.

> > What property controls the resizing of a form if the resolution is
changed
> > or the task bar is hidden or unhidden?

> Look at the Sysinfo control that comes with VB. You have to add it to your
> control toolbox.  It has events and properties that help you deal with the
> screen-resolution and taskbar changes ... and a wealth of other
> miscellaneous goodies as well.
> --
> Russ Holsclaw

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:12:38 GMT
 Form sizing???

Quote:
> I realize this is an amature question but...

> What property controls the resizing of a form if the resolution is changed
> or the task bar is hidden or unhidden?

Just to expound on Russell's answer, there is no "standard" event (i.e.,
part of a normal VB form) that will fire to let you know this has happened.
So you either need to subclass and watch for a Windows message
(WM_SETTINGSCHANGE, I believe) or you need to use a control like SysInfo. As
much as Microsoft pushes the concept of adapting to changes in the Windows
environment, they sure did a lousy job in making this an easy thing to
detect in VB.

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:44:04 GMT
 Form sizing???

Quote:
> As much as Microsoft pushes the concept of adapting to
> changes in the Windows environment, they sure did a lousy job in
> making this an easy thing to detect in VB.

Actually, it's impossible to do.

Microsoft is brain dead from top to bottom, from start to finish.

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:19:06 GMT

1. Form Size and different sized monitors in VB4.0

2. Adjust size and position of controls under the change of the Form size

3. Form size weirdsness based on font size??

4. Size of Controls limited by Form Size ?

5. Size of Controls limited by Form Size ?

6. Form size and Image size

7. Adjust size and position of controls under the change of the Form size

8. Funny Form-Sizes using MDI-forms

9. CRViewer in form stays too small (do not use the hole form size)

10. Form sizing Problem --Please Help

11. Setting startup form size and position

12. how to unify form size thru code?