Rich Text on Window 95,98, 2000 and NT
Author Message
 Rich Text on Window 95,98, 2000 and NT

        I am writing an application to run on Windows 95,
98, 2000 and NT.
I would like to use a RICH Text Box but when I execute the
program I get an error “missing RICH32.ocx”. Is this the
only thing I need and in what director do I put it.

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:11:53 GMT
 Rich Text on Window 95,98, 2000 and NT
Hi,

RichTx32.ocx relies on RichEd32.dll to work properly. RichEd32.dll is
shipped with the operating system while RichTx32.ocx does not.

Generally speaking, I suggest that you use "Package and Deployment Wizard"
tool shipped with VB 6.0 to package your VB 6.0 application so that the
necessary files your VB application replies on will be installed and
registered properly on the target machine.

You can launch "Package and Deployment Wizard" by choosing
[Start]->[Programs]->[Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0]->[Microsoft Visual
Studio Tools]->[Package & Deployment Wizard].

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:29:36 GMT

1. Windows NT/2000 and 95/98 shell32.dll difference

2. Basic COM object support across 95/98/NT 4.0/2000

3. Win 2000 exe runs fine on 98 but crashes on 95 and NT

4. 98 / 95 / 2000 NT password verification

5. Does Rich Edit Version 3 work on Win 98, 95 and NT

6. Application runs with Windows 95/NT, but doesn't work with Windows 98

7. shutdown windows nt worstation or windows 95/98

8. API Calls in Windows NT as well as Windows 95/98

9. Windows NT Users form a Windows 95 / 98 Client

10. Troublesoft - deutsche Software für Windows 95, 98 und NT

11. windows 95/98 ok but NT file error

12. Windows 95/98/NT registry editor