MAPI message and Attachment
Author Message
 MAPI message and Attachment

My VB program successfully creates an HTML file (using the export method of
the Data Report object).
Then It composes a new MAPI message and adds that HTML file as an
attachment.

I would like to have that attachment show in the text area of the message,
but i only succeded having it as an icon of an attachment.  When i create
manually a new email message via outlook, the format is "HTML", but when VB
creates a new message, the format is "Plain Text".  I also tried opening the
HTML file (Open #) and reading it (Input #), and moving it's data to the
message text area - but then the email showed the "source" of the html.
There is a property called "MsgType" but i did not succeed using it usefully
and there is almost no help available about it.

any suggestions?

--
Uri Kahn
Thalamus Video and Software, LTD.

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:44:54 GMT
 MAPI message and Attachment
You might try naming your attachments 'text.htm'.

When my email application at work(groupwise) gets
email with a text.htm attachment, it automatically
puts it into the message body when you read it.

HTH,
Eric

Remove the XXX in address to reply

Quote:

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:26:59 GMT

1. mapi message with attachment

2. View Attachment with MAPI message in Win98 ????

3. Mapi Messages control + Outlook Express = no attachments!

4. Resolving message attachments through MAPI

5. Adding multiple attachments to a mapi message

6. MAPI Message control loses attachments details for Internet E-mail

7. Help! MAPI Message Control - Save Attachments

8. Reading Attachments in MAPI Message control

9. Downloading attachment from MAPI mail message

10. MAPI controls - mail message attachments

11. Q: Attachment: How to insert filename of attachment in message body

12. MAPI Session & MAPI Messages