Replacement for grid control without registration
Author Message
 Replacement for grid control without registration

I need a way to use a grid on my form.

I cannot use any OCX or ActiveX-DLL because the registration of that
control would only work with admin-privileges, and the software must work
from CD-ROM.

Any class that does the work of a grid?
Any DLL, I can access via declare function.. API calls that displays a grid?

Any comment could help!!
Alex

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:56:24 GMT
 Replacement for grid control without registration

Quote:
> I need a way to use a grid on my form.

> I cannot use any OCX or ActiveX-DLL because the registration of that
> control would only work with admin-privileges, and the software must work
> from CD-ROM.

> Any class that does the work of a grid?
> Any DLL, I can access via declare function.. API calls that displays a

grid?

I don't know of one, but the idea is interesting to me.

I've written most of the necessary logic in different places to generate
custom reports, so I don't think the algorithms would be a bit tedious, but
not difficult.  Performance, on the other hand will be a signficant problem.
VB's graphic methods are easy, but slow.  Resorting to the API can help
quite a bit, but it takes the idea from tedious into difficult.

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:38:01 GMT
 Replacement for grid control without registration
Have you looked at the vbAccelerator S-Grid ?

http://vbaccelerator.com/codelib/sgrid/sgrid.htm

This is an OCX, but full source code is available.  I am just starting to
use the OCX, so I'm not an expert, but it may be useful to you.

Hope this helps,

Quote:
> I need a way to use a grid on my form.

> I cannot use any OCX or ActiveX-DLL because the registration of that
> control would only work with admin-privileges, and the software must work
> from CD-ROM.

> Any class that does the work of a grid?
> Any DLL, I can access via declare function.. API calls that displays a
grid?

> Any comment could help!!
> Alex

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 04:35:43 GMT

1. Creating Drop-In Replacement Controls (Grid)

2. Control Registration with Remote Server Registration

3. True Grid without a Data Control?

4. how to use grid without Data Control or RDC

5. How to Fill Grid without bound control

6. Populating a Grid Control without a DataControl

7. URGENT: Random number gerenration without replacement

8. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

9. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

10. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

11. Replacement for VB String Grid

12. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView