Im New At This Please Help
Author Message
 Im New At This Please Help

Hi

Im trying to put data from an access database into a combo box and I would
like to put the key from the table in another column like in the access
version of a combo box,  but this a cannot do.....

If Im going around this the wrong way Please tell me the write way, or how
to do it.

Thanks

Lee

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Im New At This Please Help

Hi Lee,

Quote:
> Im trying to put data from an access database into a combo box and I
would
> like to put the key from the table in another column like in the access
> version of a combo box,  but this a cannot do.....

If you're talking about an unbound combo box, then yes, the VB combo box is
limited compared to Access combos certainly, since you can't have an array
of .column() that stores values from other columns of the table the combo
is bound to.

However at least you can use the .itemdata element of the combo to store a
long integer. If your table is using a long as its primary key this is
handy since you can use this key info to go back to the original table in
code.

With a bound combo (which I usually try to avoid) you can refer to fields
on the recordset of the data control to which the combo is bound.

--
-- Jim F, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

2. im new need help

3. praktikum im ausland jobs und praktika im ausland jobs und praktika im ausland 2007 jobvermittlung ehrenamtlich arbeiten im ausland job vermittlung ausland jobboerse arbeit stellenangebote fuer ausland arbeiten im ausland spanien

4. Please Help!!!(Im desperate)

5. Please Help!!!(Im desperate)

6. Can someone please help im going insane

7. Please Help!!! (Im desperate)

8. Help..Please IM BEGGING!!!!

9. VBA for Word - Please help Im a novice

10. Please Help!!! (Im desperate)

11. please help... Im a newbie

12. Please Help!!! (Im desperate)