Can't setup Datagrid columns with Access 2000 VBA
Author Message
 Can't setup Datagrid columns with Access 2000 VBA

Hi,

If anyone has any experience using the Microsoft Datagrid control
(MSDATGRD.ocx) I would greatly appreciate their help, as I'm having
problems.

I'm working with Office 2000 developer using Access and VBA to create an
application. I have two forms in a database which contain Datagrid controls.
Each datagrids' "DataSource" property is set to an ADO Data Control during
the forms Load event. The ADO Data Controls are linked through a connection
string, using Jet OLEDB 4, to a separate database where I have the tables of
data. I need to be able to change the layout of the datagrid, alter
attributes for different columns, but the datagrid doesn't contain the
column headings from the table in design view. The MSDN Library
documentation implies that the "DataSource" should be set at design time,
but the property does not appear in the properties dialog, and the "Retrieve
Fields" and "Edit" commands which should set up the columns do not appear on
the Datagrids' right-click menu.

I hope someone can help as I have very little patience, or sanity left!!

Thanks,

Ian Masters.

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't setup Datagrid columns with Access 2000 VBA

See if this helps at all
http://www.concresco.com/grids.htm

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

Quote:
> Hi,

> If anyone has any experience using the Microsoft Datagrid control
> (MSDATGRD.ocx) I would greatly appreciate their help, as I'm having
> problems.

> I'm working with Office 2000 developer using Access and VBA to create an
> application. I have two forms in a database which contain Datagrid
controls.
> Each datagrids' "DataSource" property is set to an ADO Data Control during
> the forms Load event. The ADO Data Controls are linked through a
connection
> string, using Jet OLEDB 4, to a separate database where I have the tables
of
> data. I need to be able to change the layout of the datagrid, alter
> attributes for different columns, but the datagrid doesn't contain the
> column headings from the table in design view. The MSDN Library
> documentation implies that the "DataSource" should be set at design time,
> but the property does not appear in the properties dialog, and the
"Retrieve
> Fields" and "Edit" commands which should set up the columns do not appear
on
> the Datagrids' right-click menu.

> I hope someone can help as I have very little patience, or sanity left!!

> Thanks,

> Ian Masters.

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 2000 VBA Handbook vis a vis Access 97 VBA Handbook

2. VBA Help doesn't function in Access 2000

3. Need Help Manipulating Excel 2000 from Access 2000 using VBA

4. Office XP Setup and Visio 2000 VBA

5. 'Canned' data in VB program

6. ADO Help doesn't appear (Access 2000, Windows 2000)

7. Access 2000 VBA code not working Access 2002

8. Access 97 VBA modifications not visible in Access 2000

9. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97

10. vba access 97 -> access 2000

11. VBA OpenDatabase: Access 97 <-> Access 2000

12. Converting Access 97 to Access 2000 via VBA