Browse for Computer
Author Message
 Browse for Computer

Im using the SHBrowseForFolder API to browse for a folder.
There are flags I can set to browse for a computer but for some
reason I always get a null return string. Does anyone know how
I can make it work to browse for a computer (ie workstation)?
What about a workgroup? or a network such as Microsoft Windows Network?
Thanx for your help.

AGP

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:41:06 GMT
 Browse for Computer

Quote:
> Does anyone know how
> I can make it work to browse for a computer (ie workstation)?

Try http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/browse/browsenetwork.htm

Quote:
> What about a workgroup?

Not that dialog, but you can use the OpenUserBrowser ...
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html?code/network/openuserbrowser.htm

Quote:
> network such as Microsoft Windows Network?

Hmm ... never noticed this since I only run the MS network.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:11:23 GMT
 Browse for Computer
sweet. ill check it out.
AGP

Quote:
> > Does anyone know how
> > I can make it work to browse for a computer (ie workstation)?

> Try http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/browse/browsenetwork.htm

> > What about a workgroup?

> Not that dialog, but you can use the OpenUserBrowser ...
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html?code/network/openuserbrowser.htm

> > network such as Microsoft Windows Network?

> Hmm ... never noticed this since I only run the MS network.

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:36:04 GMT
 Browse for Computer
hmm doesnt work quite like i thought. Any other suggestions?
thanx
AGP

Quote:
> sweet. ill check it out.
> AGP

> --

> > > Does anyone know how
> > > I can make it work to browse for a computer (ie workstation)?

> > Try http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/browse/browsenetwork.htm

> > > What about a workgroup?

> > Not that dialog, but you can use the OpenUserBrowser ...
> > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html?code/network/openuserbrowser.htm

> > > network such as Microsoft Windows Network?

> > Hmm ... never noticed this since I only run the MS network.

> > --

> > Randy Birch
> > MVP Visual Basic
> > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> > Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:03:44 GMT

1. Browse for Computer

2. Browse for Computer - VB.net

3. Browse for computer dialog

4. Browsing the computers on Network Neighborhood

5. SHBrowseForFolder and Browse for Computer

6. SHBrowseForFolder and Browse for Computer

7. Browse for computers

8. Browse for Computer

9. How to use SHBrowseForFolder to browse for computer

10. SHBrowseForFolder and Browse for Computer

11. vb : Is there a simple way to browse the computer with 2 boxes?

12. Browse via Windows Network for Computer