Key State Control (Num Lock Status)
Author Message
 Key State Control (Num Lock Status)

I'm running VB5 Enterprise edition on a WinNT4 machine.. I'm having problems
with the Sendkeys command making numlock go off in my application and I'd
like to fix it. One method that I tried is the old Keystate control. If you
click on it, it updates the numlock status on the keyboard INSTANTLY, but
when you change the value with code, that's all that it does.. Doesn't
actually change the numlock state.. Anyone have to deal with this problem
before? Any help would be appreciated :).

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Sat, 09 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Key State Control (Num Lock Status)
It is my understanding that sending multiple Sendkeys statements will turn
off Numlock.  If this is the cause of your problem, try using the optional
boolean Wait parameter set to true,  Sendkeys "{TAB}", True, or combine the
multiple keys in one Sendkeys statement.
John

Quote:

>I'm running VB5 Enterprise edition on a WinNT4 machine.. I'm having
problems
>with the Sendkeys command making numlock go off in my application and I'd
>like to fix it. One method that I tried is the old Keystate control. If you
>click on it, it updates the numlock status on the keyboard INSTANTLY, but
>when you change the value with code, that's all that it does.. Doesn't
>actually change the numlock state.. Anyone have to deal with this problem
>before? Any help would be appreciated :).

>Thanks in advance,
>Steve

Sat, 09 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting Num Lock and Caps Lock key states

2. CAPS and NUM, et al on status bar do not change state when the keyboard changes

3. Checking And Changing Num Lock State

4. Num Lock state?

5. Num lock key - Wierd behaviour

6. Send Keys effects Num-Lock

7. Send Keys effects Num-Lock

8. Caps Lock state and Status Bar

9. Status Bar not showing correct state of insert key

10. HELP: Lock on Num Lock?

11. Shift Lock/Num Lock

12. GetKeyState for Caps Lock or Num Lock...