Adding Icons to Menus and Listboxes
Author Message
 Adding Icons to Menus and Listboxes

Hello,

   I'm trying to figure out how to add icons to list boxes and/or combo
boxes. I don't want to do it with any special controls, I would like to add
icons to the controls that come with the standard edition of VB 4.0. I am
also looking to add icons to menus. I know how to do this with a few simple
APIs, but when selected, the icons are not highlighted with the highlight
color specified in Control Panel, but with a dark grey. Also, the icon's
colors are inverted. If the icon is blue, it turns yellow, etc, etc. How do
I get effects like in MS Office 97's menus?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Darien

Sat, 07 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Icons to Menus and Listboxes

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Adding Icons to Menus and Listboxes

Hi Darien,

One suggestion,
Why don't you go for ListView instead as
The ListView control displays items using one of four different views.  You
can arrange items into columns with or without column headings as well as
display accompanying icons and text.

Best Regards,
Bharathy Mohan M.

Aditi Tech Pvt. Ltd.

 Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.

Sun, 08 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Icons to Menus and Listboxes

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Adding Icons to Menus and Listboxes

Quote:
>    I'm trying to figure out how to add icons to list boxes and/or combo
> boxes. I don't want to do it with any special controls, I would like to
add
> icons to the controls that come with the standard edition of VB 4.0.

There is an article in the newest VBPJ that show how to do this with VB5.
You can't do that with VB4 because VB4 doesn't support callbacks.

Hope this helps
Roland

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding Icons to Listboxes

2. How to add the file associae icon to a menu

3. Can I add icon to menu.

4. Adding custom icons to menus from macro?

5. Adding Icons to the Main Menu...

6. Add Icon in menu

7. Adding Menu Icons

8. Add icon to menu