Need Help From An ADO Guru
Author Message
 Need Help From An ADO Guru

I am creating a recordset within my VB6 program using ADO.

After the recordset is created, I need to sort the first field of the
recordset.

If I create the field as follows:

r.Fields.Append "Field1", adChar, 25

and then sort it as follows:

r.Sort "Field1"

everything works fine.

But, what I want to do is create a field as a variable length string such
as:

r.Fields.Append "Field1", adBSTR

When I do this, and then sort using the following:

r.Sort "Field1"

I get a runtime error.

The error message is "The requested order could not be opened"

It looks as if you can only sort on a fixed length field.
Is that correct?

I would like to be able to sort on a variable length string.
Can this be done using ADO?

If so, can someone provide sample code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS ADO Guru Needed

2. Ado gurus pls help

3. GURU/SEMI-GURU please help with ActiveX DLL threading question

4. GURU'S Need Help w/ UsysRegInfo Error in Add-in

5. Need Access Guru help

6. In GREAT need - Qbasic gurus HELP!

7. *****VB Gurus help needed - Optimizing printing for speed******

8. Need help from SQL guru !!!!