MSCOMM control to dial a beeper/pager
Author Message
 MSCOMM control to dial a beeper/pager

I'm looking at the MSCOMM control help and seems like it is able to initiate
a call. I use the example and it works.
The problem is, how do I program the MSCOMM to send certain character when
the call is initiate.

Use a timer ?
How do I send the "*" (star key) on the phone

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MSCOMM control to dial a beeper/pager
Hi,

I also have examples of this in my book.  MSComm is all that you need --
however, the actual implementation can vary from paging service to paging
service (there is no standard method).  I do present examples that use
MSComm, however.

--
Richard Grier (Microsoft Developer MVP)
Hard & Software

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MSCOMM control to dial a beeper/pager

Quote:

>Hi,

>I also have examples of this in my book.  MSComm is all that you need --
>however, the actual implementation can vary from paging service to paging
>service (there is no standard method).  I do present examples that use
>MSComm, however.

Do you have a current URL or contact for Significa Software? You cite them
in your book but the contact info appears to be out of date (or they are out
of business).
---
Dave Houston
http://Commander-X.com

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MSCOMM control to dial a beeper/pager
can someone post an example of using MSCOMM for paging service ?
how to code the MSCOMM for waiting for the pager return code ?

Quote:

>>Hi,

>>I also have examples of this in my book.  MSComm is all that you need --
>>however, the actual implementation can vary from paging service to paging
>>service (there is no standard method).  I do present examples that use
>>MSComm, however.

>Do you have a current URL or contact for Significa Software? You cite them
>in your book but the contact info appears to be out of date (or they are
out
>of business).
>---
>Dave Houston
>http://Commander-X.com

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MSCOMM control to dial a beeper/pager
Hi,

Significa went out of business about 6 months or so ago.  Here are a couple
of others:

Crystal Software, www.crystalcom.com  (CrystalComm support TAP).
Perry Wright has written an OCX that is available (with source code for the

LogiSoft has an alphapager OCX that supports TAPI and Internet paging (such
as Skytel).  Look on www.logisoft-inc.com.
Here is on that I have found a reference to:
http://mobilenet.telstra.com.au/sms/dialup.htm.
I think I have seen a couple of others, but I cannot find the reference
right now.  If I can, I will post it.

--
Richard Grier (Microsoft Developer MVP)
Hard & Software
12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO  80228
303-986-2179 (voice)
303-986-3143 (fax)
Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 2nd
Edition (355 pages).
For information look on my homepage at http://www.hardandsoftware.net.
Use the Books link to order.  For faster service contact the publisher at
http://www.mabry.com.

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSCOMM control to dial a beeper/pager

2. pager.vbs dials a pager service

3. Pager/Beeper program makeable?

4. **MSCOMM TO CALL A BEEPER USING VB**

5. Simple use of MSComm Control (phone dialing)

6. dial multiple pager from access

7. Dial a pager?

8. Dial a Pager

9. Dialing a Pager ?

10. Dialing a pager.

11. MSComm and pagers

12. MSCOMM code for numeric pager needed