Setting tabs and line-end in a multiline Textbox
Author Message
 Setting tabs and line-end in a multiline Textbox

hey friends,
to optimize readability I should like to use tabs when entering data in a
multiline textbox.
Can anybody advise how to activate the tab key or to use an alternative
method?

In the same text box I should like to read two strings appearing on the
screen on separate lines.
How can the first string be seperated to start the second string on a new
line when enterin data?

Thanks very much
Kind reagrds and good night!
Knut

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting tabs and line-end in a multiline Textbox
Knut,

Quote:
>to optimize readability I should like to use tabs when entering data in a multiline textbox.
>Can anybody advise how to activate the tab key or to use an alternative method?

How to Set Tabstops in a Textbox
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/textapi/txboxtabs.htm

Quote:
>In the same text box I should like to read two strings appearing on the screen on separate lines.
>How can the first string be seperated to start the second string on a new line when enterin data?

Text1.Text = "First line" & vbCrLf & "Second line"

Matt

  CodeHound - Free VB Search Engine
  http://www.codehound.com

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting tabs and line-end in a multiline Textbox
Thanks a lot,
                        Dear Matt
for the prompt reply solving the problem. Printing of different lines
appears so simple, how could I not have the idea myself. In Germany it is
said that sometimes you cannot see the trees because of the forest.

With regards to the tab - problem I will immediately have a look. Thanks too
for this helpful advice

Regards
Knut

Quote:
> Knut,

> >to optimize readability I should like to use tabs when entering data in a
multiline textbox.
> >Can anybody advise how to activate the tab key or to use an alternative
method?

> How to Set Tabstops in a Textbox
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/textapi/txboxtabs.htm

> >In the same text box I should like to read two strings appearing on the

screen on separate lines.
Quote:
> >How can the first string be seperated to start the second string on a new

line when enterin data?
Quote:

> Text1.Text = "First line" & vbCrLf & "Second line"

> Matt

>   CodeHound - Free VB Search Engine
>   http://www.codehound.com

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help multiline textbox no chr(13) at the end off a line

2. Read a MultiLine textbox line by line?

3. Limitting line length of each line within multiline textbox

4. Multiline Textbox Cause Page Overflows when Printing or doesn't print all lines

5. finding line number cursor is in multiline textbox

6. forcing multiline textbox to scroll to last line...

7. Finding Line number in MultiLine TextBox (VB4)

8. Reading a single line in a multiline textbox

9. HELP:limiting # of lines in a Multiline Textbox

10. Line limit in Multiline Textbox

11. Retrieving text lines in multiline textbox

12. Multiline Textboxes - Limiting Characters Per Line