ADO/Combo box limitations
Author Message
 ADO/Combo box limitations

I sure could use some help with this: I have a datacombo box in
dropdownlist style using ADO recordsets as the row and data sources.

The list field is state names and the data field is two-letter state
abrev's..

Pretty simple stuff, right? Everyone writes one of these eventually,
right? The problem is that I cannot get the combo to display
states "higher" than Rhode Island. Texas, Wyoming, Utah, etc. just
won't display even when the data source has their abbreviations.

I have raised the .cachesize and the .maxrecords values on the row
source recordset with no effect.

You can, indeed, scroll down to "Texas" and "TX" WILL get written to
the destination field but any subsequent display of the record will
show a blank instead of "Texas" (or Utah, etc.).

What simple dcbo.Property (with an inadequate default value) have I
overlooked? Is there a limit to the number of rows that a datacombo can
handle? Thanks for looking at this.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 04 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Limitation of List Box & Combo boxes

2. Is there any limitation on no of combo boxes in a frame

3. HELP! ADO bound list box and combo box

4. enter data in a combo box based on value from another combo box

5. Limit subform combo box by selection in parent combo box

6. Want Access combo box to filter rowsource of another combo box

7. Populating a combo box from another combo box

8. Populate a combo box from another combo box selection

9. selecting records for 2nd combo box dependant on first combo box

10. Help filling second combo box from fist combo box

11. Combo box selection narrows next combo box choices

12. load 2nd combo box - depend on first combo box