resume internet file
Author Message
 resume internet file

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to resume a file download using the
Inet control.  For example, if there is a file of 10 megs.  I download 5 and
then get disconnected or something.  Then the next time I try to download
that file, it resumes at 5.

Basically, how do i tell the Inet control to request data starting from the
byte x.

Thanx all

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 resume internet file
On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:13:43 GMT, "Yamin Bismilla"

Quote:

>I was just wondering if anyone knows how to resume a file download using the
>Inet control.  For example, if there is a file of 10 megs.  I download 5 and
>then get disconnected or something.  Then the next time I try to download
>that file, it resumes at 5.

>Basically, how do i tell the Inet control to request data starting from the
>byte x.

>Thanx all

The command you need to send to the server is the REST command.  Not
all servers support this command, however.  For those that do support
the REST command, the Restart method of our FTP control will allow you
to resume the transfer of files after stopping in the middle.

The FTP control is part of our SocketTools package, which is a suite
of Internet controls including HTTP, SMTP, MIME, POP3 and Telnet.  You
can download an evaluation copy of SocketTools at
http://www.catalyst.com

David

Mon, 26 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to automate resume copy from internet

2. Wish List Vote: Resume and Resume Next in Try blocks

3. Resume file transfer.

4. Resume file

5. OLE VB to Excel , RESUME.XLW File

6. Resume a partially Downloaded file with Winsock Control - HTTP/1.1 Content-Range

7. info : here is how to delete cookies or any file in the temporary internet files folder

8. Delete file from Temporary Internet Files in VB

9. Programmatically Copying a File out of Temporary Internet Files

10. File copy from c:\windows\temporary internet files

11. Deleting files from Temporary Internet Files Directory

12. FREE Resume and Cover Letter Help