Textbox control only numeric and range checking?
Author Message
 Textbox control only numeric and range checking?

Is there a way to easily set textboxes to only allow numeric entry and also
have some sort of range checking options in the properties.

It seems this should be something that should be standard in the package?

Or do I need a third party tool?

Thanks for any advice

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:51:11 GMT
 Textbox control only numeric and range checking?
The maxlength property of the control allows you to specify the maximum
number of characters to accept. If you only want to accept numeric values, I
would suggest setting up a routine that filters out non-numeric characters
in the <textbox name>_Change sub. This is the best way I know to do it.

Sean

Quote:

> Is there a way to easily set textboxes to only allow numeric entry and
also
> have some sort of range checking options in the properties.

> It seems this should be something that should be standard in the package?

> Or do I need a third party tool?

> Thanks for any advice

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:55:13 GMT
 Textbox control only numeric and range checking?
Nope.. as Sean said... you'll need to code a routine to do it.

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm

Quote:

> Is there a way to easily set textboxes to only allow numeric entry
> and also have some sort of range checking options in the properties.

> It seems this should be something that should be standard in the
> package?

> Or do I need a third party tool?

> Thanks for any advice

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:06:06 GMT
 Textbox control only numeric and range checking?
At last estimate, there were several gazillion different
numeric controls on the market.  If you can manage to buy
something, I recommend the Component one TDBNumeric and
Numeric Lite.  They  have just about every property you
could think of, including caption , ranges, formats and
fonts for the data and for the caption.  Also, built in
Spinners and dropdown.
You also get a standard set of controls which are all
good. Text, masked edit, calendar, and a few others which
I forgot.
Good luck,
Walter

Quote:

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:41:54 GMT
 Textbox control only numeric and range checking?

<SNIP>

Quote:
> You also get a standard set of controls which are all
> good. Text, masked edit, calendar, and a few others which
> I forgot.
> Good luck,
> Walter

Well.. all but the masked edit anyway. That's a piece of xxxx.

btw... how come your newsreader doesn't place "Re: " in front of the subject
line. Your replies look like questions until we read them. If possible, set
your newsreader to add the "Re: "

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm
http://www.vbsight.com/TBGDialogCTL.htm

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:28:46 GMT

1. Numeric Value out of Range

2. MS-Quickbasic numeric range problem

3. Inputting Numeric Ranges

4. Numeric Value out of Range.

5. CRW 5: Numeric Value out of range error.

6. Numeric Value Out Of Range

7. checking if a textbox control is empty

8. Spell Check Capability in TextBox or RichTextBox Control

9. Spell Check Capability in TextBox or RichTextBox Control

10. Getting numeric value from textbox entry

11. Validate Numeric Textbox Input

12. Formatting a numeric string in a textbox?