Program ID does not appear in Task List & Task Bar
Author Message
 Program ID does not appear in Task List & Task Bar

Hi,

I had created a monitoring software.  However, I realised that the user is
smart enough to terminate the program by using <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>.
Henceforce, there accounts keep crashing.

Is there anyway to hide the program id from the Task List & Task Bar when
user toggle <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>?    I do not want the user to terminate the
monitoring software in anyway.

If not possible, can I define the VB program in such a way that when the
user toggle <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del> and terminate the monitoring software, the
entire Win95/98 becomes unstable and requires the user to logout (or
reboot)?

Thanks.

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Program ID does not appear in Task List & Task Bar
Unfortunately I do not know a way to do this in 95/98, but with NT
Workstation you can protect the taskmgr.exe file with persmissions and not
let the user execute that command.
Quote:

>Hi,

>I had created a monitoring software.  However, I realised that the user is
>smart enough to terminate the program by using <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>.
>Henceforce, there accounts keep crashing.

>Is there anyway to hide the program id from the Task List & Task Bar when
>user toggle <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>?    I do not want the user to terminate the
>monitoring software in anyway.

>If not possible, can I define the VB program in such a way that when the
>user toggle <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del> and terminate the monitoring software, the
>entire Win95/98 becomes unstable and requires the user to logout (or
>reboot)?

>Thanks.

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Program ID does not appear in Task List & Task Bar
Meng Chye,

I have had a similar situation to this in the past. The best I could do was to
place the program in the task list with a name of "Explorer" so as to try and
conufse any prying eyes.

I cant remember how I did it however. If anybody else replies I would be
interested to know what the answer is.

Richard.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I had created a monitoring software.  However, I realised that the user is
> smart enough to terminate the program by using <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>.
> Henceforce, there accounts keep crashing.

> Is there anyway to hide the program id from the Task List & Task Bar when
> user toggle <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>?    I do not want the user to terminate the
> monitoring software in anyway.

> If not possible, can I define the VB program in such a way that when the
> user toggle <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del> and terminate the monitoring software, the
> entire Win95/98 becomes unstable and requires the user to logout (or
> reboot)?

> Thanks.

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Program ID does not appear in Task Bar and Task List

2. Program not on Task Bar or Alt-Tab List

3. Hiding Task ID in Task List

4. app icon not appear in the windows task bar

5. form not appearing on Task Bar

6. Disable task bar & task switching

7. Program ID vs. Task ID

8. SHELL Command Returns Task ID...How Can I Close The Task

9. ShellExecute - can anything be done with task ID?

10. get task list of programs running using api (Error File not found)

11. Task List & Program Termination

12. appearing in the task bar