how to make a form appear without min,max and close option
Author Message
 how to make a form appear without min,max and close option

how do I make the form appear without the 3 buttons (min,max and close)
by setting the border = none , it can do the job but the form didn't appear
in 3D style and no title bar

what is the properties or code that can be used for making a form show
without the 3 buttons.
secondly, how can i make the ? button to be appear in the Fixed Dialog form
?

thanks

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a form appear without min,max and close option
Here's the code. You also have to set the MinButton and the MaxButton
properties to False in the Properties Windows
If you want the ? button to appear then set the WhatThisHelpButton to true.

www.fd.fr.dhs.org

Private Declare Function DeleteMenu Lib "user32" (ByVal HwndMenu As Long,
ByVal nPosition As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function GetSystemMenu Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long,
ByVal bRevert As Long) As Long

Const MF_BYPOSITION = &H400
Const MFClose = 6

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Dim HwndMenu As Long
    HwndMenu = GetSystemMenu(Me.hwnd, False)
    DeleteMenu HwndMenu, MFClose, MF_BYPOSITION
End Sub

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a form appear without min,max and close option

Quote:
> how do I make the form appear without the 3 buttons (min,max and close)
> by setting the border = none , it can do the job but the form didn't
appear
> in 3D style and no title bar

> what is the properties or code that can be used for making a form show
> without the 3 buttons.

MinButton = False
MaxButton = False
ControlBox = False

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a form appear without min,max and close option

Jeff and others have just helped me through the same problem.
One thing you should know, however, is that an MDI main form
does not offer the ControlBox option, and when you get rid of all
the buttons on other forms by using ControlBox=false, you also
lose your icon at the left of the title bar.
 Don't ask me why that happens :)

BTW Jeff...That was a good suggestion you made about never
copying the sub and return lines of a routine from another form.

John Holland

Quote:

>> how do I make the form appear without the 3 buttons (min,max and close)
>> by setting the border = none , it can do the job but the form didn't
>appear
>> in 3D style and no title bar

>> what is the properties or code that can be used for making a form show
>> without the 3 buttons.

>MinButton = False
>MaxButton = False
>ControlBox = False

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a form appear without min,max and close option

Quote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:19:02 -0400, "Jeff Johnson"

> Jeff and others have just helped me through the same problem.
> One thing you should know, however, is that an MDI main form
> does not offer the ControlBox option, and when you get rid of all
> the buttons on other forms by using ControlBox=false, you also
> lose your icon at the left of the title bar.
>  Don't ask me why that happens :)

That's because that icon at the left of the title bar IS the control box.
Actually, it's an icon that represents what is known as the System or
Control menu. (Both terms are used.) The close box (X) is merely a graphical
representation of the Close command on the control menu. Therefore, by
removing the menu, you remove the X.

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Parent MDI form without Min and Max Buttons?

2. MDI form without title bar, control box, max/min buttons

3. Icon on a Form without max/min buttons

4. Disabling Min, Max, and Close buttons on MDI form

5. How to remove icon from form caption and still have min,max,close

6. Help Min., Max, Close.

7. userform min, max, close?!

8. Disable Min and Max leave Close

9. min, max and close buttons w/ API

10. min, max and close buttons w/ API

11. Setting the Min/Max Width/Height of a form in VB6

12. MDI child form, Min and Max buttons