Playing Media Files (Quicktime/real player/win media)
Author Message
 Playing Media Files (Quicktime/real player/win media)

How do i get and include the Quicktime player controls and real player
controls in my vb6 program so that I can play .mov videos with qt and .rm
.ram etc with rp?  the only rp control i found was a real audio control, and
both the quicktime and realplayer controls don't have a filename property
(so i don't know how to load a file).

once i get those, how do i make the files play fullscreen? (win media
control lets me right click it and choose full screen).  thanks

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 06:16:44 GMT
 Playing Media Files (Quicktime/real player/win media)

Quote:
> How do i get and include the Quicktime player controls and real player
> controls in my vb6 program so that I can play .mov videos with qt and .rm
> .ram etc with rp?  the only rp control i found was a real audio control,
and
> both the quicktime and realplayer controls don't have a filename property
> (so i don't know how to load a file).

> once i get those, how do i make the files play fullscreen? (win media
> control lets me right click it and choose full screen).  thanks

For QuickTime, I'd look at Apple's web site at www.apple.com/quicktime.  For
RealPlayer, try www.real.com.  You will most likely have to license whatever
is needed to distribute the runtime players with your app, assuming such a
license is even available.

Mike

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 08:26:49 GMT
 Playing Media Files (Quicktime/real player/win media)
how come microsoft included one?  i would think apple and real would
too..thanks

Quote:

> > How do i get and include the Quicktime player controls and real player
> > controls in my vb6 program so that I can play .mov videos with qt and
.rm
> > .ram etc with rp?  the only rp control i found was a real audio control,
> and
> > both the quicktime and realplayer controls don't have a filename
property
> > (so i don't know how to load a file).

> > once i get those, how do i make the files play fullscreen? (win media
> > control lets me right click it and choose full screen).  thanks

> For QuickTime, I'd look at Apple's web site at www.apple.com/quicktime.
For
> RealPlayer, try www.real.com.  You will most likely have to license
whatever
> is needed to distribute the runtime players with your app, assuming such a
> license is even available.

> Mike

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 09:41:50 GMT

1. Media Player or Real Player

2. Automating playing an mp3 or other file in Windows Media Player

3. Wave files & Win Media Player

4. Media Player 6.4 starts to play automatic

5. Play State Changes in Media Player

6. Playing windows media player visual effects?

7. Playing AVI in full screen with Media Player control

8. Edit/write buffer Media Player play video from memory

9. How to: Media Player and Play lists

10. get name of song playing in windows media player

11. On MS win media player's mp3 driver

12. Instantiating Win Media Player 7 control from VBScript