How to get data from SQL Server 2000 DB into IE Treeview - Web Control
Author Message
 How to get data from SQL Server 2000 DB into IE Treeview - Web Control

How do I populate a IE Treeview - Web Control fwith data (nodes) from  a SQL
Server 2000 DB. ?

The data is retrieved by using the FOR XML AUTO clause.

When The TreeNodeSrc property of the Treeviev is set to an URL like :
http://tandersen2/connect24_udv?sql=execute+sp_danxml&root=TREENODES
it does not work.
"There is invalid data at the root level. Line 1, Position 1."

But when the property is set to a filepath like
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ProviCalc1\Connect24_udv_3.xml
it works.
How do I get the data directly from the database to the treeview control.
I'm developing in VS.net 7 using Visual Basic.

--
Med venlig hilsen

Torben Andersen

Mon, 09 May 2005 16:55:24 GMT
 How to get data from SQL Server 2000 DB into IE Treeview - Web Control
You may refer to this KB article to see if it will help:

HOW TO: Populate a TreeView Control with XML Data in Visual Basic .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308063

Luke

rights.)

Wed, 11 May 2005 21:31:48 GMT

1. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

2. ADO Data Control with SQL Server 2000

3. Getting the counter value after an addnew-SQL SERVER 2000/ADO

4. Front Page Form posting data to SQL Server 2000

5. VB.Net Client Checking for the existence of data on a SQL Server 2000

6. Listing SQL Server 2000 Data Sources in VB6

7. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment

8. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment

9. CancelUpdate or CancelBatch using the Data Environment with SQL Server 2000

10. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment

11. Problem with data shaping APPEND command against SQL Server 2000

12. Visual Data Manager and SQL Server 2000