comctl32.ocx Problem Fixed
Author Message
 comctl32.ocx Problem Fixed

Hi all

I had a problem with the comctl32.ocx file not loading when I chose it from
the control menu, I did have it previously, but lost it when I tried loading
my project in recently.

Anyway I do not know if what I did was the reason that it was corrected but
I managed to load it in the end.

note: I also tried the following method which failed to work.

1. browse for the comctl32 file in the windows/system directory and tried
2. Uninstalled VB and removed the files from the windows/system and
re-installed VB.
3. Used the component fix utility to repair the components.

In the end I removed all reference to the comctl32.ocx file from the windows
registry.

What I did in the end was to uninstall vb5, remove comctl32 from the
windows/system directory, then I used Norton's registry editor to delete all
reference to the comctl32.ocx file in the registry.

Then I re-installed VB5 and it worked OK.

Maybe what I did was not the reason, I dont know, but I would appreciate any
comments as to what caused my problem in the first place.

Thanks for all the help I was given and I hope this helps anybody else with
the same problem.

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 comctl32.ocx Problem Fixed
I had this exact same problem last week! I don't know what caused it the
comctl32 file to being unavailable to load, but I fixed doing the following:

In the components dialog box I used the Browse button to open the
comctl32.ocx file. I read somewhere in the help file that using this method
to select a component actually installs the component as well. Doing this
made the comctl32 able to be loaded (thankfully! I was on the verge of doing
of a Win98 reinstall :) ).

I think the following would also work:

Use the OCX register program that comes with VB 5. It's in the
Tools/Regutils on the VB 5 CD. Anyway, typing the following in the Windows
Run dialog box should register the file:

E:\<Path to REGOCX32.EXE> C:\Windows\System\comctl32.ocx (or any other OCX
for that mattter).

I didn't actually get to try this, but the documentation I could find
suggested that this would work.

Quote:

>Hi all

>I had a problem with the comctl32.ocx file not loading when I chose it from
>the control menu, I did have it previously, but lost it when I tried
>my project in recently.

>Anyway I do not know if what I did was the reason that it was corrected but
>I managed to load it in the end.

>note: I also tried the following method which failed to work.

>1. browse for the comctl32 file in the windows/system directory and tried
>2. Uninstalled VB and removed the files from the windows/system and
>re-installed VB.
>3. Used the component fix utility to repair the components.

>In the end I removed all reference to the comctl32.ocx file from the
windows
>registry.

>What I did in the end was to uninstall vb5, remove comctl32 from the
>windows/system directory, then I used Norton's registry editor to delete
all
>reference to the comctl32.ocx file in the registry.

>Then I re-installed VB5 and it worked OK.

>Maybe what I did was not the reason, I dont know, but I would appreciate
any
>comments as to what caused my problem in the first place.

>Thanks for all the help I was given and I hope this helps anybody else with
>the same problem.

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

2. COMCTL32.OCX, COMDLG32.OCX, among other problems...

3. Answer to comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx registration problems

4. Problems registering comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

5. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

6. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

7. COMCTL32.OCX and COMDLG32.OCX problems.

8. problem with comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

9. Comctl32.ocx and Comctl32.dep

10. Need Comctl32.dep file for Comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319

11. ComCtl32.ocx (ComCtl32.dep)

12. comctl32.dep for comctl32.ocx v5.01.4319 ??