Datagrid and Columnstyles in vb.net
Author Message
 Datagrid and Columnstyles in vb.net

I have a datagrid which contains 3 columns

column 1.  datetimepicker column style (derrived from
textbox column style as described on syncfusion site)

column 2.  boolcolumn column style (derrived from base
boolcolumn column style adding checkboxchanged event as
described on syncfusion site.  It overrides paint, edit
and commit events.  In the form code, I handle
checkboxchange event to change the value of the combobox
cell.)

column 3.  combobox column style (derrived from textbox
column style as described on syncfusion site.  Edit event
checks if column 2 is checked.   If checked, it will make
combo box and text box invisible.)

Intent: Whenever I click on the checkbox of the
boolcolumn, I want the combobox column to be disabled( and
enabled when I click off)

Result: For the most part it works.  However when combobox
is disabled, I click on combobox -> check box -> check box
and checkboxchanged event doesn't get triggered although
actual checkbox state changed.

Observation: It appears that commit event should not get
triggered when I press on the checkbox cell from another
column.  However, it did fire in the case where it didn't
work.

Could somebody tell me what happened and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:11:33 GMT
 Datagrid and Columnstyles in vb.net
newsgroups with vb. are typically for VB6 and lower.
You'll have better luck in the vb.net newsgroups.
AGP

Quote:
> I have a datagrid which contains 3 columns

> column 1.  datetimepicker column style (derrived from
> textbox column style as described on syncfusion site)

> column 2.  boolcolumn column style (derrived from base
> boolcolumn column style adding checkboxchanged event as
> described on syncfusion site.  It overrides paint, edit
> and commit events.  In the form code, I handle
> checkboxchange event to change the value of the combobox
> cell.)

> column 3.  combobox column style (derrived from textbox
> column style as described on syncfusion site.  Edit event
> checks if column 2 is checked.   If checked, it will make
> combo box and text box invisible.)

> Intent: Whenever I click on the checkbox of the
> boolcolumn, I want the combobox column to be disabled( and
> enabled when I click off)

> Result: For the most part it works.  However when combobox
> is disabled, I click on combobox -> check box -> check box
> and checkboxchanged event doesn't get triggered although
> actual checkbox state changed.

> Observation: It appears that commit event should not get
> triggered when I press on the checkbox cell from another
> column.  However, it did fire in the case where it didn't
> work.

> Could somebody tell me what happened and how can I fix it?

> Thanks in advance,

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 04:04:41 GMT
 Datagrid and Columnstyles in vb.net
The document says that The Commit method is called by the
System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid control's public method OnMouseDown. So it
seems it should be called when you click on the Grid:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpre...
frlrfsystemwindowsformsdatagridcolumnstyleclasscommittopic.asp

Since this list is mainly foucsed on VB6, I believe that you need to post
it to VB.NET focused list to get better helped, for example:
microsoft.public.dot.languages.vb

David Yuan [MSFT]
"Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com".

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:14:05 GMT

1. DataGrid with Combobox ColumnStyle in Windows Forms

2. How Use format field DataGrid ColumnStyle Collection Editor?

3. VB.NET DataGrid is not RAD

4. Vb dot net DataGrid

5. vb.net datagrid updating underlying dataset

6. VB datagrid scrolling problem in VS.Net 2003

7. Delete a row in a Datagrid using VB.net

8. XML and Datagrid in vb.net??

9. Datagrid In VB.Net

10. VB.NET DataGrid Row Colors

11. Word Wrap in Datagrid for VB.NET windows app

12. Datagrid (vb.net)