Horizontal Scroll Bar and ListView Control
Author Message
 Horizontal Scroll Bar and ListView Control

Is there a quick and easy way to get a horizontal scroll bar on my listview
control?  I couldn't find a property that would do it, so I was wondering if
there is some API call.

Thanks in advance,

La Tina Washington

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Horizontal Scroll Bar and ListView Control

Quote:
>Is there a quick and easy way to get a horizontal scroll bar on my listview
>control?  I couldn't find a property that would do it, so I was wondering if
>there is some API call.

Do you mean a listbox?  A listview automatically has a horizontal
scroll bar.

Drac

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Horizontal Scroll Bar and ListView Control
No, I mean a ListView control.  I've got one set up with 9 columns in it
with some test data and when I run the project, I only can view the first 7
columns.  The only way that I can see the additional columns is if I size
the first 7 columns down.  I assumed that since I had columns that extended
beyond the viewing area, it would give me a horizontal scroll bar, but it
didn't.  I've got me list view set up for report view.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again,

La Tina Washington

Quote:

>>Is there a quick and easy way to get a horizontal scroll bar on my
listview
>>control?  I couldn't find a property that would do it, so I was wondering
if
>>there is some API call.

>Do you mean a listbox?  A listview automatically has a horizontal
>scroll bar.

>Drac

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Horizontal Scroll Bar and ListView Control

Quote:

>No, I mean a ListView control.  I've got one set up with 9 columns in it
>with some test data and when I run the project, I only can view the first 7
>columns.  The only way that I can see the additional columns is if I size
>the first 7 columns down.  I assumed that since I had columns that extended
>beyond the viewing area, it would give me a horizontal scroll bar, but it
>didn't.  I've got me list view set up for report view.

>Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

The ListView only provides a horizontal scroll bar when in List view. In the
other 3 views there is no horizontal scroll bar. Translation: you're doing
nothing wrong. This also means you can't do what you want.

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Horizontal Scroll Bar and ListView Control
Quote:

>The ListView only provides a horizontal scroll bar when in List view. In the
>other 3 views there is no horizontal scroll bar. Translation: you're doing
>nothing wrong. This also means you can't do what you want.

This is incorrect! If you have set View = 3 lvwReport and your
columns are too wide to fit in the visible area a horizontal scrollbar
should automatically show up when the project is run.
I can't think why it isn't doing this but all the listviews I use are
report view and I'm not having any problems.

VB5 EE SP3 , Win95/98

Drac

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Horizontal Scroll Bar and ListView Control
It appears my problem had to do with my resizing the control.

I had the following lines:

lvLog.Width=Screen.width
lvLog.Height=Screen.height

Once I commented these lines out, I had my scroll bars.

Thanks to those of you who replied.

La Tina Washington

Quote:

>>The ListView only provides a horizontal scroll bar when in List view. In
the
>>other 3 views there is no horizontal scroll bar. Translation: you're doing
>>nothing wrong. This also means you can't do what you want.

>This is incorrect! If you have set View = 3 lvwReport and your
>columns are too wide to fit in the visible area a horizontal scrollbar
>should automatically show up when the project is run.
>I can't think why it isn't doing this but all the listviews I use are
>report view and I'm not having any problems.

>VB5 EE SP3 , Win95/98

>Drac

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Horizontal Scroll Bar and ListView Control

Quote:

>>The ListView only provides a horizontal scroll bar when in List view. In
the
>>other 3 views there is no horizontal scroll bar. Translation: you're doing
>>nothing wrong. This also means you can't do what you want.

>This is incorrect! If you have set View = 3 lvwReport and your
>columns are too wide to fit in the visible area a horizontal scrollbar
>should automatically show up when the project is run.
>I can't think why it isn't doing this but all the listviews I use are
>report view and I'm not having any problems.

Whoops! I was thinking of when the ListView was the proper size but the form
it's on was too small.

The wacky thing is that I've experienced this myself, since I've had to play
with column widths when setting up a list view to PREVENT the damn
horizontal scrollbar from showing up. Brain has been taken out of
neutral....

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. get rid of/hide the horizontal scroll bar in a listview

2. ListView Horizontal Scroll Bar

3. Listview and Vertical , Horizontal scroll bars

4. Disabling Horizontal Scroll Bars in a ListView

5. Missing horizontal scroll bar in a ListBox control (VB4)

6. Horizontal Scroll bar with outline control?

7. How to enable listbox control has a horizontal scroll bar

8. How do you add a horizontal scroll bar to a file list box control

9. URGENT!!!How to add Horizontal Scroll bar to a FileListBox control

10. Horizontal Scroll Bar in ListBox

11. VB.Net: Horizontal Scroll Bar In TreeView

12. VB4, list boxes, and horizontal scroll bars CHALLENGE!