Tape Drive read\Write?
Author Message
 Tape Drive read\Write?

Hello,
    Does anyone offer a 3rd party control (or know how I would do it without
one) that will allow me to read & write to a Tape Backup? THanks for your
help.

Kris

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tape Drive read\Write?

Some tape software allow you to refer to a tape  drive by drive letter much
as an extra disk drive. Seagate Direct Tape Access is one such, I believe.
That should solve your problem without need to find an OCX. I must admit I
haven't actually tried it, so please regard this as a possible pointer
rather than a solution !

--
David Bytheway

Quote:

>Hello,
>    Does anyone offer a 3rd party control (or know how I would do it
without
>one) that will allow me to read & write to a Tape Backup? THanks for your
>help.

>Kris

Wed, 19 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tape Drive read\Write?

2. How to write to tape drive?

3. Reading files on tape drive

4. Help needed reading database on CD and writing to database on hard drive

5. Write/Read on a local drive

6. how to read, write and create files on a hard drive

7. Read/write absolute block on floppy drive

8. Accessing Tape Drive

9. SDK for Tape Drives

10. Tape Drive Catalog

11. Accessing Tape Drive