MSChart (value)
Author Message
 MSChart (value)

I would like to have the value of the actual row under the
mousecursor when i klick the left mousebutton. (not the xy
coordinates).
Can you help me ??
Heinz

Fri, 04 Jun 2004 17:40:30 GMT
 MSChart (value)

Hello Aegerter,

My name is Lily. Thank you for using the Microsoft VB Newsgroups.

You can capture the SeriesSelected event. The Series value is included in the event. For the column value, I am afraid you have to derive
it from the following values:

MSCHART.PlotLocation
MSCHART.LEFT
MSCHART.Width
Mouse Pointer location

Hope it helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Lily Zheng

Microsoft Support

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN at msdn.microsoft.com or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. Copy right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:38:33 GMT
 MSChart (value)
Hi Lily,
there is a difficulty in getting the correct x-value by plotlocation as
plotlocation gives you the location of the diagram with its axis-titles and
scaling-texts as well, so the min.x-position of plotlocation is not the
origin of the x-axis but the left corner of the diagram with its texts
(apart from that this value changes if you resize a form and the contained
mschart because of that fact). So mschart.left and mschart.width aren't of
any use for that problem as well.
Unfortunately the diagram has no hwnd, so that possibility doesn't work
either.
What I could see so far is, that there seems to be no way to get the
mouse-position in "diagram"-coordinates, but I can't believe that there is
no way to get them.
Who knows better? Come on...

Quote:
> You can capture the SeriesSelected event. The Series value is included in

the event. For the column value, I am afraid you have to derive
Quote:
> it from the following values:

> MSCHART.PlotLocation
> MSCHART.LEFT
> MSCHART.Width
> Mouse Pointer location

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:57:35 GMT

1. MsChart with Null values in database

2. MSChart behaviour plotting values outside plotted range

3. Data (Value) inside of the BarChart in MSChart

4. Setting bottom-value in MSChart

5. MSChart and time values on X axis

6. MSCHART - How do you set the lowest y-axis value

7. MSChart: changing values by drag and drop

8. set axis to fixed value in mschart?

9. MSChart 6.0 marking bad values on a line

10. Data (Value) inside of the BarChart in MSChart

11. Setting bottom-value in MSChart

12. MSChart: Determine Axis Type (Category vs. Value)