Error registering control Crystl16.ocx
Author Message
 Error registering control Crystl16.ocx

Installing an application, i receive this error:

        "Can not register crystl16.ocx"

Due to this, the application does not work, and says:

        "Could not load VBA expression service library"

Does anyone know how to solve this?
            Thanks

            Jose Antonio Perez Payeras
           CentreCIM / ICT
            Barcelona, Spain.

Tue, 07 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error registering control Crystl16.ocx

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Error registering control Crystl16.ocx

Hi,

I wrote a program in VB5 (professional edition) using your Threed ocx
control.  Later I installed MS service pack 3 and some other OCXs, and
now when I try to load up the project, I get this error message

License not found

and a VB log file full of references to missing properties:

        Line 526: Cannot load control SSPanel1; license not found.
        Line 566: Cannot load control SSFrame17; license not found.
        Line 586: Cannot load control sspSubject1; license not found.
        Line 619: Cannot load control sspSubject3; license not found

and..

        Line 1220: Class Threed.SSOption of control ssCrit was not a loaded
control class.
        Line 1242: Class Threed.SSOption of control ssCrit was not a loaded
control class.

as you can see, I used the controls extensively.

Now, I don't understand, these are "Sheridan 3d controls" that came with
VB5. In my WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory I still have:

Threed.vbx
Threed.ocx
THREED32.oca

any ideas on how to fix this?  Is there a download available to
reinstall the standard controls
or provide the license (that came with VB5? professional
edition)?  or am I missing a patch?

If I reinstall VB5 will the controls be re-registered?  Anyone else have
a problem with this?

thanks in advance,

Todd

Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error registering control Crystl16.ocx

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Error registering control Crystl16.ocx

Gee, I don't know if I should answer my own question in public
but after scouring an web archive of posts I found the answer was buried
under my nose in the VB documentation on the cdrom.

look at    VB\Controls\readme.txt

doh!

since I never had vb4, a rogue app must have installed those controls
and the licenses got erased on uninstall of the app... er something

Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error registering control Crystl16.ocx

Quote:

>Gee, I don't know if I should answer my own question in public
>but after scouring an web archive of posts I found the answer was buried
>under my nose in the VB documentation on the cdrom.

>look at    VB\Controls\readme.txt

Found Tools\Controls\readme.txt.  Thanks for the pointer.  Occurred on my
machine after installing IE4 SP1.  Why I'm not quite sure.

Tue, 14 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error registering crystl16.ocx

2. Run-time error 367 Can't load (or Register) Crystl16.ocx

3. Error registering Crystl16.ocx during setup - HELP!!!

4. HELP - Error registering crystl16.ocx

5. HELP PLEASE - Error registering CRYSTL16.OCX

6. vb4 16bit error registering crystl16.ocx

7. Can't load(or register) custom control crystl16.ocx

8. problem registering crystl16.ocx with VB4

9. Can't register crystl16.ocx

10. crystl16.ocx not registered

11. crystl16.ocx won't register

12. Crystl16.ocx can't register itself