Line Numbers in VB IDE 
Author Message
 Line Numbers in VB IDE

While I use VB3, I believe the same problem exists with VB5. There
are no line numbers to indicate your location. In QuickBasic, and
other editors I've seen, the current line and even column are
displayed in the bottom status box. This came in handy to note
your location within a large procedure, of which I have many (I
know, that's bad practice, but...)

I've always been surprised not to see an add-in or enhancement
like VBAssist that didn't include this feature for the editor. I'm
even more surprised to not see it in VB5 (haven't seen VB6).

Does anyone know of a utility or add-in that provides this
feature? I don't really want to switch editors, just add an
often-missed feature.

Thanks,

Signet

--
- Signet
~~~~~~~~
"For every action, this is an equal and opposite criticism."



Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Line Numbers in VB IDE


Quote:
>While I use VB3, I believe the same problem exists with VB5. There
>are no line numbers to indicate your location. In QuickBasic, and
>other editors I've seen, the current line and even column are
>displayed in the bottom status box. This came in handy to note
>your location within a large procedure, of which I have many (I
>know, that's bad practice, but...)

>I've always been surprised not to see an add-in or enhancement
>like VBAssist that didn't include this feature for the editor. I'm
>even more surprised to not see it in VB5 (haven't seen VB6).

  VB5 and VB6 have the line number and column number displayed on the
main toolbar!

Later,



Mon, 01 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Line Numbers in VB IDE
Wayne Venables wrote :

Quote:

>>While I use VB3, I believe the same problem exists with VB5.
There
>>are no line numbers to indicate your location. In QuickBasic,
and
>>other editors I've seen, the current line and even column are
>>displayed in the bottom status box. This came in handy to note
>>your location within a large procedure, of which I have many
(I
>>know, that's bad practice, but...)

>>I've always been surprised not to see an add-in or enhancement
>>like VBAssist that didn't include this feature for the editor.
I'm
>>even more surprised to not see it in VB5 (haven't seen VB6).

>  VB5 and VB6 have the line number and column number displayed
on the
>main toolbar!

Sorry, you're right of course. Still don't have a way of doing
it in VB3, though.

--
Signet
--------------------------------
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."



Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Line Numbers in VB IDE
NuMega's Failsafe utility will also add Line numbers directly into your
code.


Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Line Numbers in VB IDE
Hi,  If you want to add numbers directly to your code, download our
AgMapthat project explorer replacement addin.  It will also display your
project nodes including GET, LET, SET, API calls and component level nodes.
It does much more than this but for the line numbering it is as simple as
clicking one button.   You can download a trial at
http://www.AgendumSoftware.com for either VB5 or VB6.
--
Sincerely,

Todd B - Agendum Software
http://www.AgendumSoftware.com

Free tools for download!  Innovative Products!


Quote:
> Wayne Venables wrote :

> >>While I use VB3, I believe the same problem exists with VB5.
> There
> >>are no line numbers to indicate your location. In QuickBasic,
> and
> >>other editors I've seen, the current line and even column are
> >>displayed in the bottom status box. This came in handy to note
> >>your location within a large procedure, of which I have many
> (I
> >>know, that's bad practice, but...)

> >>I've always been surprised not to see an add-in or enhancement
> >>like VBAssist that didn't include this feature for the editor.
> I'm
> >>even more surprised to not see it in VB5 (haven't seen VB6).

> >  VB5 and VB6 have the line number and column number displayed
> on the
> >main toolbar!

> Sorry, you're right of course. Still don't have a way of doing
> it in VB3, though.

> --
> Signet
> --------------------------------
> "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."



Wed, 03 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Line Numbers in VB IDE
I know that Voodoo Software (www.voodoo-software.com I think) have a great
Add-In called VoodooCoder which does all this and more.


Quote:
> While I use VB3, I believe the same problem exists with VB5. There
> are no line numbers to indicate your location. In QuickBasic, and
> other editors I've seen, the current line and even column are
> displayed in the bottom status box. This came in handy to note
> your location within a large procedure, of which I have many (I
> know, that's bad practice, but...)

> I've always been surprised not to see an add-in or enhancement
> like VBAssist that didn't include this feature for the editor. I'm
> even more surprised to not see it in VB5 (haven't seen VB6).

> Does anyone know of a utility or add-in that provides this
> feature? I don't really want to switch editors, just add an
> often-missed feature.

> Thanks,

> Signet

> --
> - Signet
> ~~~~~~~~
> "For every action, this is an equal and opposite criticism."



Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. PBM: Line numbers used by Goto method do not reflect displayed line numbers in document

2. Cmd Line Interface to VB IDE?

3. Reading command-line parameters from a VB app run-time and IDE

4. Reading command-line parameters from a VB app run-time and IDE

5. Reading command-line parameters from a VB app run-time and IDE

6. Reading command-line parameters from a VB app run-time and IDE

7. Cmd Line Interface to VB IDE?

8. Reading command-line parameters from a VB app run-time and IDE

9. Reading command-line parameters from a VB app run-time and IDE

10. Line numbers into multi-line text box

11. Multilanguage Debugging in VC IDE and VB IDE

12. Multilanguage Debugging in VC IDE and VB IDE

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software