MouseMove event in ListView does not trigger when ListView in Small/Large Icon View mode
Author Message
 MouseMove event in ListView does not trigger when ListView in Small/Large Icon View mode

I noticed a bug in the ListView control of VB5.0 SP2 comctl32.ocx.  I
searched for a workaround and finally hit upon another similar bug
listed on the Microsoft site.  The workaround is to trap windows
messaging for mouse
events and explicitly use the WM_LBUTTONUP etc, to simulate all the
mouse
events.  Another way suggested was use Message Blaster (WareWithAll,
inc.) OCX.

However, I was wondering, if using API calls, I could get this to work.

The Bug is:

MouseMove event does NOT trigger ONLY in the Small or Large icon view
mode if an item is selected.  I am using VB5.0 SP2 Win95 & WinNT4.0
This bug may have arisen due to the fix Q171494

Has anyone come across this problem?  I read about this issue being
raised by someone else in this newsgroup.  I know this can be done
usin the Windows API.

Thanks in advance

Atul Tewari

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ListView: Large and small icons bug?

2. Listview , small icons and spacing

3. HELP: Problem changing text with ListView in Small Icon mode

4. Listview v.6.0 column size in small icon view

5. Listview small icon view column size

6. No small icons in ListView

7. Small Icon's Visible In A ListView?

8. Small Icons in Listview?

9. small Icons in a listview Control

10. Small icons in ListView doesn't show

11. Drag-drop events don't trigger in listview

12. Listview large icon