ListView MultiSelect is TRUE... but it doesn't WORK!
Author Message
 ListView MultiSelect is TRUE... but it doesn't WORK!

I'll admit it's silly, but it's happening before my very eyes.  I've put
a VB6 ListView control on my form.  I've set it's 'MultiSelect' property
to "TRUE".

Ok, so, the form loads... and I can only select ONE ListView Item at a
time!  For what it's worth, I can test the MultiSelect value while the
form is loaded and, sure enough, the property is *still* TRUE.  And yet,
I can't select more that one!  I don't know if this is relevant, but
this ListView's AllowRowSelection is also TRUE.

I'm embarassed to ask this but, if this was happening to you, where
would you look?  Thanks in advance.

Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ListView MultiSelect is TRUE... but it doesn't WORK!

Quote:

>I'll admit it's silly, but it's happening before my very eyes.  I've put
>a VB6 ListView control on my form.  I've set it's 'MultiSelect' property
>to "TRUE".

>Ok, so, the form loads... and I can only select ONE ListView Item at a
>time!  For what it's worth, I can test the MultiSelect value while the
>form is loaded and, sure enough, the property is *still* TRUE.  And yet,
>I can't select more that one!  I don't know if this is relevant, but
>this ListView's AllowRowSelection is also TRUE.

Are you holding down the Ctrl key when you click on additional items?

--
Harlan Messinger
There are no Zs in my actual e-mail address.

Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ListView MultiSelect is TRUE... but it doesn't WORK!
No, Harlan, I wasn't... and your answer helped do the trick.  Thank you!  By
the way, is this the *only* way to multi-select in ListView?  I like that you
can set a normal ListBox to select every item clicked on WITHOUT the user
having to hold down the Ctrl key.  Is there a way to make the ListView do
this too?  Thanks again.
Quote:

> >I'll admit it's silly, but it's happening before my very eyes.  I've put
> >a VB6 ListView control on my form.  I've set it's 'MultiSelect' property
> >to "TRUE".

> >Ok, so, the form loads... and I can only select ONE ListView Item at a
> >time!  For what it's worth, I can test the MultiSelect value while the
> >form is loaded and, sure enough, the property is *still* TRUE.  And yet,
> >I can't select more that one!  I don't know if this is relevant, but
> >this ListView's AllowRowSelection is also TRUE.

> Are you holding down the Ctrl key when you click on additional items?

> --
> Harlan Messinger
> There are no Zs in my actual e-mail address.

Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX-Exe: .Value=True doesn't work while direct click on button works

2. TreeView.Sorted = True doesn't work

3. Listview drag and drop bug in icon mode when multiselect=true

4. Why doesn't MSDN ListView examples work?

5. StartLabelEdit with ListView Doesn't Work

6. ListView with checkboxes doesn't work on all machines

7. fRefreshLinks Doesn't work if path doesn't exist

8. Windows Service Calling VB6 dll doesn't work but works with VB6

9. IE3 doesn't work after working with webbrowser control

10. Why LoadPicture() works on local pathes and doesn't work on the URLS

11. Work Around doesn't work for RichTextBox

12. Passing a Parameter its works and it doesn't work