Software licenses of installed software
Author Message
 Software licenses of installed software

If have two question about licenses.

1) Is it legal to use any installed application, ActiveX control or dll on
the system? So I'm not distributing the code but verifying if it is
installed on the machine and using it if it is there. E.g. Office is
installed and I want to use the spelling checker. Or a PDF view control is
installed and I want to use it. Is this legal?
2) Is there a way to protect a control or class is such a way that every
application needs to have a license key. So basically, the license key
depends on the host. I see in IClassFactory2 that the host name is passed
but I'm not sure that that has anything to do with it.

MVG
    Arjen

--

Cyco Software

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. project design software , compare website design software , web developers , website design software review , nof shop , software quality , nof 7.5 , bestellen preisvergleich , web site design , custom web design ,

2. Free Software From Day and Age Software

3. Free QBasic Software from Day and Age Software

4. Look for software for software protection

5. Software Testing – Software Development Tools

6. Licensing, registration of software

7. Powerbasic licensed software WANTED

8. Software, licensing

9. Need Advice: License My Software for Resale

10. Good license control software?

11. Registration/Licensing Software or Dongle

12. License for free vb software wanted.