Another listview question
Author Message
 Another listview question

When I am in Icon View, how do I prevent people from dragging the items all
over the control ?
I turned Drag and Drop to manual, but how do I disable it, so the items
remain still ? Thanks

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Another listview question

Change the .Arrange property to either:  lvwAutoLeft  or  lvwAutoTop

------------
Jim Houghtaling

email:  hmm... no.
web:   working on it (heh)
platform(s):  Win95 os/r2, WinNT 4.0 sp3, VB5ee sp3
('till I get my page up go to VBNet...It's the best I've seen yet.)
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/rasanen/vbnet/default.htm
------------
It often shows an excellent command
of language to say nothing.

Quote:
> When I am in Icon View, how do I prevent people from dragging the items
all
> over the control ?
> I turned Drag and Drop to manual, but how do I disable it, so the items
> remain still ? Thanks

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Another listview question

Quote:

> When I am in Icon View, how do I prevent people from dragging the items all
> over the control ?
> I turned Drag and Drop to manual, but how do I disable it, so the items
> remain still ? Thanks

Change the style and give it the LVS_AUTOARRANGE style. Then it will
automatically arrange like your desktop icons.
--
Eddie Shipman

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Another listview question

Quote:

>> When I am in Icon View, how do I prevent people from dragging the items
all
>> over the control ?
>> I turned Drag and Drop to manual, but how do I disable it, so the items
>> remain still ? Thanks

>Change the style and give it the LVS_AUTOARRANGE style. Then it will
>automatically arrange like your desktop icons.

But how can the Icons made "sticky" so that the user even cannot change the
order?
With autoarange the icons only arrange left/top but the user can change the
position.

Ciao, Alfred

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Another listview question

? >>
? >> When I am in Icon View, how do I prevent people from dragging the
items
? all
? >> over the control ?
? >> I turned Drag and Drop to manual, but how do I disable it, so the
items
? >> remain still ? Thanks
? >
?
? But how can the Icons made "sticky" so that the user even cannot change
the
? order?
? With autoarange the icons only arrange left/top but the user can change
the
? position.
?
? Ciao, Alfred
?

        I agree that's one I've asked as well and haven't gotten a response.  You
can set the icons to autoarrange, but the user can still drag them anywhere
they want and get the window to scroll as long as they do...  a good
example is VB5's Template window.  If you choose a template module you
can't drag them, but there still enabled...  How can you set the individual
Icons to have a DragMode of  Zero, just like you would for a whole
object???

--

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
It just told me what I knew all along, | Zaphod BeebleBrox |

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ListView Question too

2. Listview question

3. Listview Question