Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0
Author Message
 Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0

Hi everyone:

I am currently using VB 5.0 and I desprately need your help.  I have
some problem with MDI child forms and modal non-MDI forms.  If I have a
MDI form, child form and an About form which is not a child.  On the
child form I have a command button to open the about form modally.  Now
if I click on the desktop or another form, all forms on my application
lose focus.  At this point the only way, my application can get the
focus again is if I click on the About form.  If I click anywhere on the

MDI form or the child form, my application will not get the focus.  Most

application that I have seen, for example WORD or EXCEL, if the user
clicks on any part of the MDI form, the application will get back the
focus with the About form being active.

I would appreciate it if someone can give me some help on how to do this

Thanks;

Babak Boloury

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

2. Non MDI child forms cause MDI application to lose focus

3. Non-MDI form to MDI form

4. Q:non-MDI form to update MDI form

5. MDI Form vs Non-MDI form

6. Child form in non MDI form

7. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

8. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

9. MDI-Child form and positon on MDI-form

10. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form

11. MDI child forms on top of a picture on a MDI form

12. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms