HELP! Runtime error 429
Author Message
 HELP! Runtime error 429

I've just released an upgrade and a new product. It was written using VB 6.0
Professional. Some of our users are getting the following error when trying
to run the software after installation:
"Runtime error 429: You don not have the appropriate license to use this
functionality"

I have performed extensive testing of these releases including on a freshly
formatted PC with a fresh operating system. I cannot reproduce the problem.

Could anyone help at all and give any advice or explanation as I'm stumped.

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 18:34:09 GMT
 HELP! Runtime error 429
I experienced the same problem with VB5 which needed a program to overcome
it. I obtained this from MS Knowledge Base - It seems that there is an
equivalent for VB6 - See Knowledge base article Q194751 or search for patch
it file vb6CLI.exe

The problem will ONLY ever arise on machines that already have systems and
older versions of VB components already registered.

Sorry for delay in responding - only just caught your query

Mike Hadley
Bristol - U

Quote:
> I've just released an upgrade and a new product. It was written using VB
6.0
> Professional. Some of our users are getting the following error when
trying
> to run the software after installation:
> "Runtime error 429: You don not have the appropriate license to use this
> functionality"

> I have performed extensive testing of these releases including on a
freshly
> formatted PC with a fresh operating system. I cannot reproduce the
problem.

> Could anyone help at all and give any advice or explanation as I'm
stumped.

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:08:28 GMT
 HELP! Runtime error 429
I experienced the same problem with VB5 which needed a program to overcome
it. I obtained this from MS Knowledge Base - It seems that there is an
equivalent for VB6 - See Knowledge base article Q194751 or search for patch
it file vb6CLI.exe

The problem will ONLY ever arise on machines that already have systems and
older versions of VB components already registered.

Sorry for delay in responding - only just caught your query

Mike Hadley
Bristol - U

Quote:
> I've just released an upgrade and a new product. It was written using VB
6.0
> Professional. Some of our users are getting the following error when
trying
> to run the software after installation:
> "Runtime error 429: You don not have the appropriate license to use this
> functionality"

> I have performed extensive testing of these releases including on a
freshly
> formatted PC with a fresh operating system. I cannot reproduce the
problem.

> Could anyone help at all and give any advice or explanation as I'm
stumped.

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:13:24 GMT

1. HELP! Runtime error 429

2. HELP! Runtime error 429

3. Runtime error '429' at runtime

4. Runtime error '429' at runtime

5. Runtime error '429' at runtime

6. Help - runtime error 429

7. HELP! 429 runtime error

8. HELP : runtime error 429 ActiveX can't create object

9. RunTime Error 429 - Help

10. Runtime Error 429 - Please Help!

11. Runtime Error 429 - Please Help!

12. Runtime Error 429