Hosting a WebBrowser Control Inside ActiveX Document or ActiveX Control to be Ho
Author Message
 Hosting a WebBrowser Control Inside ActiveX Document or ActiveX Control to be Ho

In the Knowledge Base artice Q237685
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) we are
explicitly told that what I need to do cannot be done.

I need a way around this.

I'm building an ActiveX control in VB6 for use in IE5.X that takes the DHTMLEdit
control and packages it with a spell checking control. There are a few problems I
need to overcome. First, the spell checking control does not handle HTML well. It
will ignore most of the markup but it doesn't do this in an intelligent way.
Second when it shows the context of the word to be corrected, it does so only
with the raw text. It doesn't render the HTML and it shows the markup.

I also need to certain things differently and exclude my end users from
particular things (I'm trying to turn an HTML editor into an XML editor for a
schema that is HTML like). If its possible I really want to show the HTML on my
Form.

Adam

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:38:11 GMT

1. ActiveX control inside ActiveX control ?

2. Hosting Word or Excel documents in the WebBrowser Control

3. WebBrowser control doesn't terminate in ActiveX document

4. Accessing ActiveX Documents from the WebBrowser control?

5. Opening ActiveX documents to WebBrowser control

6. WebBrowser control doesn't terminate in ActiveX document

7. Webbrowser control generates GPF when used in a activex document

8. Help: Events on ActiveX documents: WebBrowser control: WithEvents

9. Accessing ActiveX Documents from the WebBrowser control?

10. How to bound data controls to textBox inside an ActiveX control

11. Controls inside WebBrowser document.

12. AD: ActiveScriptor - VBScript, JavaScript hosting ActiveX control